CNN Did A Story About Me Today

Options

Replies

• lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The story is so heartfelt. Love the picture of two of you on the Dollywood ride at the end .That's pretty awesome. And your right, no one will be able to take this accomplishment from you. Congrats on the weight loss and the CNN coverage. You will inspire many.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for the inspiration.

I had major surgery in May. I started C25K the end of July. Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of the fact just a few months ago, I couldn't get out of bed unassisted or walk up a flight of stairs. Just getting out there and running every day is a victory. Thanks for reminding me of that.
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Now that's an incredible way to share your success story! Congratulations!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Here's a story about my weight loss and fitness journey on CNN.com today. http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/10/health/rucker-weight-loss-race/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

That is a great article. Thanks for posting it. What an amazing transformation! Phenomenal work, Beast! :smile:
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Here's a story about my weight loss and fitness journey on CNN.com today. http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/10/health/rucker-weight-loss-race/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Wow! Congats on the weight loss, the article, your 5k, 10k, triathlons, half marathon, full marathon, your tri's and now an ironman! This is prob the first time I can honestly say, I want to follow in your footsteps. Ive lost 108 lbs this part year and have done 2 5K's this year. Will do a 10K on Thanksgiving and have been riding a bike now for the past month or so. My goal is for a sprint dual/tri in the late fall or early spring. Its great to see other folks from Kentucky stepping up to the plate. We are 6th fastest state in the nation (Im up in NKY). Its people like you that will hopefully motive others to change that.

Congrats again and GO CATS!

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Dustin_02
    Dustin_02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats amazing job!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's nifty :D
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! You must be so proud of yourself! This has spurred me on to lose the last 25! I registered for my first triathlon in October. It's a great feeling getting in shape, as you well know. Thanks for sharing!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Wow! Cogratilations on all of your accomplishments & on getting your life back! ! Your story inspires me. As soon as I get the all clear to try running (recovering from a herniated disc) I plan to start C25K. Thank you.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    excellent story and sounds very familiar! So good to feel awesome isnt it? Congratulations!
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Great personal accomplishments. Congratulations
  • casnic25
    casnic25 Posts: 81
    Options
    What a great and inspiring story. Congrats!
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I really like the photo of you and your daughter going on a ride! You did awesome! Great job! You added years to your life i bet!
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • daking639
    daking639 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm inspired by your commitment to the physical challenges. I've lost a lot of weight but I'm no where near your class physically. That gives me something to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.
  • seedsower207
    seedsower207 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What a motivational story!! Congratulations on getting your life back and thank you for sharing it with us!!
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome coverage! Congrats!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing story!! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and best wishes for all those you take on in the future. You are an inspiration to me that this journey CAN be done! Thank you for that :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!