starvation mode? but i eat lots !

Options
2»

Replies

• GeorgieDrake123
    Options
    It's not healthy. There is no reason under the sun for a healthy young woman who is already a healthy weight to eat that little.

i know i want to eat more but i didnt really know how thats why i posted
  • GeorgieDrake123
    Options
    If you're allergic to dairy why is Greek yogurt in your diary?

Also, you don't eat lots. You barely eat anything.
    Nuts, avocados, nut butter, olive oil, steak, sunflower seeds, protein bars, protein powders....

Favorite protein bars: ThinkThin (230 calories/bar).
    Just got cake batter flavored protein powder by Muscle Milk Light and it's DELICIOUS!

Hiya, my fitness pal doesnt have the lactose or dairy free option or same brand i buy sometimes but there the same calories as full dairy so i just put that as its like the closest thing :) sunflower seeds getting added to the shopping list now.. although im a bit wary or protein bars and powders, there not natural and dont body builders use them to gasin weight and muscle. will i become bulky if i try these ? xxx
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    im not too focused on my goal i just guessed thats probably what ill weigh when i look how i want too.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

^You can use that site to see women at different heights and weights, to guide you to a good healthy goal weight for yourself. If you look at a BMI chart you'll see that 110 at 5'11" is incredibly unhealthy.

Others have given you good advice on what to eat :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Don't buy lean, diet and low fat versions of things if you're concerned about your calorie intake being low.

I saw Nimble bread, 0 % fat yoghurt and similar items in your diary. Buy the real one and try to get more protein at least 50 grams per day with less carbs.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    heya i know im not eating enough but i dont know how to increase my calorie intake thats why i need advice ! i do do alot of exercisae running and yoga every day sometimes circuit training for toning. ive had some great advice about maybe trying peanut butter and avocado cos i have allergies

I know I know, sorry. I've run into too many undereating young girls lately with little to none to lose :(

Try to eat a good protein dish (worth of 40g+) every day. It can be fish, chicken, bacon, whatever floats your boat as I think you're not vegetarian. Have eggs in the morning. Poached, scrambled, maybe an omelette with vegetables or cheese. Have a serving of greek yogurt or an equivalent (cottage cheese or any diary low in fat high in protein). Have a cup of beans or lentils with one of your meals, this will give you good fiber along with decent protein and good carbs. Both lentils and beans are good to try in salads as well.

For good fats, use olive oil (macademia nut or coconut or alike) in salads or with your fish. Have a handful of nuts everyday like almonds or walnuts or both.

For the rest, improvise as you like ;)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Am I reading that right? She's 5'11" and wants to weigh 110??? I'm 5'8". If I weighed 110 I would look like Skeletor. :frown:

Agreed. The average VS model is 5'9-5'11 and around 115-120 pounds.

That DEFINITELY wouldn't be a healthy goal. I say stick to your current weight and try weight lifting to build muscle.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    If you're allergic to dairy why is Greek yogurt in your diary?

Also, you don't eat lots. You barely eat anything.
    Nuts, avocados, nut butter, olive oil, steak, sunflower seeds, protein bars, protein powders....

Favorite protein bars: ThinkThin (230 calories/bar).
    Just got cake batter flavored protein powder by Muscle Milk Light and it's DELICIOUS!

Hiya, my fitness pal doesnt have the lactose or dairy free option or same brand i buy sometimes but there the same calories as full dairy so i just put that as its like the closest thing :) sunflower seeds getting added to the shopping list now.. although im a bit wary or protein bars and powders, there not natural and dont body builders use them to gasin weight and muscle. will i become bulky if i try these ? xxx

Not at all. They're just high protein for muscle repair... body builders have to eat 4,000 calories a day to bulk up. Women don't naturally bulk, you'd have to follow a very strict plan and eat way over maintenance to bulk. I lift heavy and eat them, and you can check out my photos. Not bulky at all. Gotten slimmer since I started lifting, actually.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Well done to you for wanting to be more healthy :)

What works for me is eating at the MFP goals...I see you shop at ASDA me too lol!

Try to eat more just to be healthy, you can friend me or PM me if you like???

But either way I think you need to up your calories in order to lose weight in a healthy way x
  • GeorgieDrake123
    Options
    im not too focused on my goal i just guessed thats probably what ill weigh when i look how i want too.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

^You can use that site to see women at different heights and weights, to guide you to a good healthy goal weight for yourself. If you look at a BMI chart you'll see that 110 at 5'11" is incredibly unhealthy.

Others have given you good advice on what to eat :)

wow the girls on there tat are my height and 110llbs look way too thin i definately need to lower my weight goal i didnt realise how thin that was ! thankyou
  • GeorgieDrake123
    Options
    youve all been great ! i think i have what i need now and a few extra things to add to my shopping list i will also try protein bars which i was scared off ! nice that people are so supportive here, i tried other websites and didnt get any support just alot of 'oh you cant eat enough POOR YOU' or 'are you anorexic or something' but everyone heres really helped me cant wait to go to asda tommorow xxx
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and in this picture i was 185.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy. There is no reason under the sun for a healthy young woman who is already a healthy weight to eat that little.

i know i want to eat more but i didnt really know how thats why i posted

First, make sure your weight loss goal is set to a half pound a week. You're already a healthy, slim weight. There's no need to lose any more than that per week. That alone will suggest more calories for you. And eat a good chunk of the calories earned from exercise. MFP doesn't add the calories you SAY you'll burn to your calorie goal. It only adds them AFTER you do it.

Next, either manually change your protein goal to a higher percentage than the 15% MFP gives by default, OR make it a point to eat more protein than they suggest. Personally, I aim for a minimum of 100g a day, and make that my top priority when it comes to eating. When I plan my menu around protein, the rest fall into place.

As for what... it depends on what you like and what you can eat. I eat a ton of chicken because it's fairly inexpensive, I like the taste, and it can be served in many ways. Chicken with southwest flavor, with marinara, with oriental seasonings like Teriyaki, Thai style, buffalo style, with lemon & garlic, etc. Fish works, too. Salmon is delicious and a good source of protein and healthy fat.

I saw a brown pasta in your diary. If that doesn't cause you digestive problems, have that with the above sauces/seasonings. One serving of pasta is about 200 calories. Or brown rice. Lentils are a great source of fiber and protein... I like to add them into rice when I make it. And beans.

Most importantly, though, if you're at a healthy weight, which you are, and aren't happy with your body, strength training with weights heavy enough to challenge you, will reshape you, especially if you're getting adequate protein.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    One thing I can suggest is to input log your calories on here throughout the day, that way you can be conscious of how many calories you need to eat for the rest of the day to reach your goal, instead of logging everything at the end of the day and getting a surprise.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Most importantly, though, if you're at a healthy weight, which you are, and aren't happy with your body, strength training with weights heavy enough to challenge you, will reshape you, especially if you're getting adequate protein.

Just had to repeat this one. Lorina knows what she's talking about!