I feel like I'm slipping

Options
Today hasn't been a good day. Neither was yesterday. I went over my calories both days and haven't exercised. I can't get motivated! I'm so much over my calorie limit today that I'm ashamed to log it. That's bad. I've been on here sinc November and I've lost a few pounds. I just don't want to slip and completely fall off the wagon. Please give me some advice!

Replies

• BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I had a hard, stressful day today as well. I went over by 300 calories - to 1500. I ate an early dinner...then my husband made a new dish and I couldn't say, "No" to him cooking. Plus, I didn't go to they gym today and I took an hour nap. This afternoon's work just wore me out. Tomorrow is another day. I will be better and get to the gym. Losing weight is the hardest thing I've ever done. But, please don't stop. Can you be my "buddy" and together we can get through this?
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Every day is a new day, just start tomorrow! Don't look back, just look forward. I know I have been there many times and, I just keep coming back. Good luck.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Whatever you do, DON'T QUIT!!!

Even if it's embarrassing, just logging in your calories shows you're not giving up on yourself. You owe it to yourself not to quit.

Especially on those bad days, logging in the calories and seeing "if every day were like today, you'd weigh XXX" and having the number move the WRONG :noway: way is very motivating!!!

Best of luck! Just keep at it!
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    dieting sucks! its hard work ...its worth it though to feel better bout urself. dont worry we all hav bad days just try to remember why ur doin this, tomorrow is a new day after all. i tend to log my meals before i eat them; theres sumthin bout seein what ur about to eat in black and white that makes u think agen! lol gud luck and keep goin x
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just don't give up!!

If you give up, you'll never get anywhere. You know this.

It's hard, and it sucks, and some days suck more than others, but if you stick it out and work towards your goal, when you finally reach it, it's amazing.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm a lot older than you and had a lot more to lose. I keep a photo of my wife and I on our wedding day 35 years ago as one of my MFP photos to remind me of what I used to look like. And some then and now photos to make sure that I don't slip like I did over the first 34 years of our marriage. So as you prepare for your wedding day, remember that those photos are ones that you will treasure forever and want to look at yourself 35 years from now, like I do. So make sure you look your best when your wedding day arrives.

If that doesn't motivate you to stay with it ... (I'll bet it does!)
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You guys are so helpful....that's why I love this site. I was a brave little girl and logged my calories. I was right--way over. But I'm not gonna do it again tomorrow!