Baby Shower

Options
I am attending a baby shower today for a friend. It is being held at a Mexican Restaurant. There will be trays of food provided. Any good ideas on what I should eat? Should I eat before I attend and just have some Iced Tea? Not sure I'm that disciplined yet.

Replies

• StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'd eat less during the rest of the day and try to pick out vegetables, fresh fruit of any kind, and any white meat chicken that isn't fried or covered in sauce. Rice is fine too as long as you have some in moderation. It'll be a tough challenge, but you'll feel great if you make it through successfully!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    With Mexican I always aim for the salsa! I love salsa! I dip in veggies very low cal and filling! (Plus I would treat myself to a few smaller goodies)
  • SophieW1988
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla + grilled chicken + guacamole and salsa = awesome healthy Mexican burrito
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    stay away from the ice tea thats not brewed fresh! Liquid calories suck! Vegetarian fajitas are pretty good by themselves, so long as you dont eat the tortilla with it.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla + grilled chicken + guacamole and salsa = awesome healthy Mexican burrito
    ^^ Sounds great. I'd go with this.
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!! Great tips...I'm loving this site...I will update my choices later.
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    okay I did the best I could with the trays that were offered. Everything was small, like finger food. I picked a half chicken burrito, but a flour tortilla, a shredded beef mini taco made with corn tortilla and lettuce, no cheese. Here is where I made a bad choice...I ate one chicken wing and a slice of the cake. But over all I feel like I did much better than I would have before. Next time I won't have the cake...not worth it. I would have made my goal if not for that!!