8 months ago today I was 101lbs heavier (PICS)

Options

Replies

• Melodramatica
    Options
    Wow what a change! You must feel amazing! Congrats to you girl, what an accomplishment.

I'm struggling with binge eating myself, but I hope to have similar success as you xoxo
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    You look fantastic! :smile:
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations on such a great accomplishment!
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - and im glad you have a good sense of humour about it!
    I started using a firming lotion too, don't think it'll make a huge difference but i moisturise daily anyway so may ap well try the firming moisturiser. You can't tell in the photos at all about loose skin. You look awesome and surely its best to have lost the weight and have some loose skin than to still be your previous size. Again, amazing!!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I started using lotion every day about a month or so ago and it seems to be helping a little so that's a plus. I was just SOOOO big for SOOOO long.

Im in the same boat. I weighed 300+ for 12-14 years. I read it could take 1-2 years before your skin shrinks some and that is if it will shrink at all. They said give it a year after your weight loss to even decided on surgery. That is unless your on a reality TV show and they pay for it. lol

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    I LOVE IT!! You look so wonderful and HAPPY! How great you have truly taken control of your life and health! I'm SO happy for you...and yes a little jealous, but it's ALL good -because in a year from now (or sooner) I'm gonna be posting my own pics!!
    Thanks for inspiring us!
    Do you hear that?? It's our applause!!
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :heart: :glasses: :tongue: :happy: :laugh: :wink: :smile:
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been getting tons of messages all day and I just can't reply to all of them. Soooo here's my advice and how I did it.

I just stuck to my calories that I was allowed and spent a lot of time working on myself and a LOT of time in therapy to figure out why I ate so much. I can't really offer much more than that because, as much as I used to want to say it's super hard to lose weight... it really wasn't/isn't. The hardest part was telling myself to get off the couch and eat less.

For those of you with binge eating disorders or bulimia (yes, I had some issues with that in the past as well), the number one thing you can do for yourself is GET HELP! You don't have to do it alone and, honestly, I don't think I would have been able to do it alone. I found a therapist who charges on a sliding scale because I didn't have insurance or a lot of money. I went for months and then stopped. I almost purged once and then called him again. A couple months into therapy this time I broke down and cried and finally realized my correlation between food and my emotions. It's some pretty deep Freudian type stuff from childhood. My therapist almost cried too and I just bawled like a 3 year old. Since that day, I have not purged or binged even once. I haven't really wanted to either.

It's just so detrimental to our own mental health to find out what caused our issues and then work on them. I'd probably be dead by now if I hadn't changed my life. I was miserable and wanted to die because I couldn't control my eating and I felt like my entire life was out of control. Now I understand that I'm the only person in control of me. I create my own destiny every morning I wake up and I plan to have many mornings the remainder of my life.
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, totally inspirational!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a change! You look beautiful. I hope you're very proud of yourself!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just stuck to my calories that I was allowed and spent a lot of time working on myself .... as much as I used to want to say it's super hard to lose weight... it really wasn't/isn't. The hardest part was telling myself to get off the couch and eat less.

I couldn't agree more. I always tell folks no matter what, at the end of the day YOU have to want to make the change. It sounds like you have come a long way through this journey, BRAVO! Im just 12 lbs off my goal of 120 lbs lost and I feel the easy part is done. The hard part will be to keep it off.

• christibam
    Options
    Wow, what a change! You look beautiful. I hope you're very proud of yourself!

I'm stupid amounts of proud of myself. I don't think I've ever taken more pride in any other accomplishment in my life. I'm just happy that I get to share this with others now. I'm in school right now and am aiming to become a life coach/psychologist to help others with eating disorders. It feels amazing to see/feel my eyes light up when I see other's eyes light up from something I said or something they did. It's just really cool to take something crappy and make it something awesome.
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your success!
  • christibam
    Options
    I just stuck to my calories that I was allowed and spent a lot of time working on myself .... as much as I used to want to say it's super hard to lose weight... it really wasn't/isn't. The hardest part was telling myself to get off the couch and eat less.

I couldn't agree more. I always tell folks no matter what, at the end of the day YOU have to want to make the change. It sounds like you have come a long way through this journey, BRAVO! Im just 12 lbs off my goal of 120 lbs lost and I feel the easy part is done. The hard part will be to keep it off.

Nahhhh. The hard part will be beating people off you with a stick. I don't know if it's just me but I get pretty grossed out by a lot of the food I used to eat, especially the quantities. I get a little nauseated if I drive by McDonald's and can smell the fries sometimes too. We both know it'll always be somewhat of a task staying on track and not putting the weight back on but the hard part is already behind you. (Committing yourself to the change to make it start)

Congratulations to you for coming so far as well!
  • Back2guinn
    Options
    You look so beautiful! I have 100 pounds to lose I want to be a winner too!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    THIS motivates me!!! THANK U! AWESOME JOB!!!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous!! You look 10 years younger too!! Congrats!! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look amazing,and you should be very proud of yourself of how far you've come.Great job.:smile:
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I too struggle from an eating disorder, so I'm so glad to see that you have the dedication and it turned into a total success! Keep up the great work!
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    love that smile of confidence in the new pics, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!