Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options

Replies

• Errada
    Errada Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hy there! I eat real foods as I have a passion for cooking. Though I'll try to find healthier ways to make the same damn good food I enjoy! I have no issues with Splenda though I prefer sugar/raw sugarcane. I'd love to add you as a friend on here and if you have a way to help me drop weight without having to sacrifice butter or bacon I'm listening! lol
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My family also eats real stuff, we just try to watch what it is that we take in. Trying to steer away from the junk food, but hey, we're human, and we want to enjoy life and the things it offers. Like cheesies.LOL. Add me up if you like! Always welcoming new friends!
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a FR. I so agree with you...I love to cook and I am still use butter, oil, and sugar and refuse to buy non-fat food and have limited low fat food from my diet.
  • chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of this... feel free to add me (any of you!)
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading...feel free to add me anyone, I am in the "eat-whatever-I-want-but-in-reasonable-portions" camp as well.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I must admit I prefer I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray on my food and one splenda in my coffee in the morning but everything else I eat is "real"

Feel free to add me
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh this is soooo me! I eat some low calorie stuff and try to limit my butter intake, since my cholesterol was a little high, but other than that I still eat mostly the same things I've always eaten. And I LOVE to cook! Just made homemade bagels a few days ago that turned out to be delicious!! :happy: 99.9% of our meals are home cooked. Always.
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    I eat real food, with the exception of a protein shake every day for breakfast - Costco Premier Nutrition, 30 (that's thirty!!!) grams of protein. Three small meals with 300 calorie snacks (several) all included. Rarely eat more than 1100 cals/day.

I eat many, many veggies, do not eat butter-only olive oil. No other vegetable oils, not even Canola or peanut oil, spray oil is very bad, Pam? never!

Lean protein, such as ground turkey, skinless, boneless chicken, and one or two fruits per day. Since March 6, 2012 lost 47 lbs, this is good progress for my age!

Do your research on the oils, kids. Fats are very important for your body, but must be the right kind: olive oil, almonds or walnuts, avocado. Helps to make the small meals stick to your ribs. But very small amounts - six almonds is a portion, 1/8th avocado is a portion, i.e.

Cheers, LeeAnn
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I also shun anything low fat or fake sugar. I rather have a little bit of real half and half in my coffee than that fake powdered creamer stuff. Yuck!
  • Chiquita_Bonita
    Options
    agreed:)
    Add me if youd like:)
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am doing it with Mcdougall, which, while it is extremely restrictive on animal products and added fat, it does allow me to eat unlimited quantities of great plant based foods.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I will only eat butter and real foods. Just account for it in my diary. If you want to add me have at it :)

YAY for REAL food - no fake cheese no fake butter like spread for this chickie!!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I never knew food could be fake, unless its plastic or ceramic i guess. But it can still be eaten :P
  • caba7
    caba7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I too enjoy eating my real food. And by that i mean i still eat all the things i have always eaten just now i cut back on the portion size. I still use whole milk, regular sugar, and eat desserts when i am in the mood for it. the only thing that i have cut out totally since joining is soda. I noticed i felt bloated from it and always had stomach issues because of it. Anyone feel free to add me as well:)
  • moonfire628
    Options
    I try to eat as naturally as possible, but honestly sometimes I like the taste of the "low-fat" stuff versus the "real" stuff. Soda I can't drink unless it's diet, the original recipes are too sugary for me, and I do use stevia instead of sugar because I have a blood sugar problem. But other than that I only use real food. I haven't touched margarine in over 10 years, and I stay away from cooking sprays. Moderation is key, and as long as the amount of butter/oil is limited there is no reason not to use it. Remember: "low-fat" or "fat-free" really translates to "chemical crap storm"
    Feel free to add me :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat out everyday for lunch. I love real food. I have lost 43 pounds so far and I have 50 more pounds to lose.
  • 8cakebaby8
    8cakebaby8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is me too! I prefer home cooking or meals out to convienence packaged "diet" meals. The only concession I make is spray oil, although I will use olive or sesame oil if I think the recipe needs it. My planned lunch for today is buttered toast with poached egg - how can you have anything other than real butter on toast?
  • Hpmann
    Hpmann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this app..lost 2 pounds in a week.the most I've lost for years!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I realised this week that I barely buy food from the supermarket any more. Fresh vegetables and a bit of fruit from the greengrocer to supplement my veg box, meat from the butcher, oats and cheese from the deli. I make my own bread when I want it (if anyone has any tips on how to make sourdough that has shape and doesn't fall flat during proving I'd appreciate it!!!)

Real food with full fat and flavour fills you up far more than low fat low cal stuff. You can reduce the calorie content of meals just by being clever about it - use strong flavoured cheeses to make a cheese sauce and you'll use less. Use butter rather than fake butter and you'll use less as it has a stronger flavour....you get my drift.

Last night I ate an omelette with smoked cheese and vegetables and a piece of (somewhat flat) sourdough with butter. 291 calories. and delicious.

I've just started New rules of Lifting so my cutting of calories is limited but that's okay - I am trying to eat what I SHOULD be eating for the rest of my life, and learning portion sizes.
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is fab, I eat 'feal food' too. My man is a top chef so we aren't allowed low fat anything in the house - plus I don't really like it. I'm all about getting more veggies, seafood and less carbs in my diet :) would love to trade recipes with people?? Feel free to add me