Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than ........

Options
Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than her belief that she is beautiful .....

I am 25 years old. Since 3rd grade, I have truly in my heart believed that I was fat and ugly, because that's what other children told me. That I was fat, and when I heard fat, I thought that meant I was ugly too, b/c a "fat" person wasn't considered beautiful.

I lived my entire life hiding myself, and hating myself. At 19, I stopped eating. I was sick of the teasing. I lost 30 pounds and was finally considered "skinny"...

I have never thought of myself as beautiful or sexy, even when I weighed 120 pounds I thought I was disgusting...

At 19, I got married to a man who used my insecurities against me. He called me fat and ugly every single day. I finally had enough, 3 years later I left him, but the feelings never went away..

Then 2 years later, I met a man, who taught me that beauty doesn't have a size. He loved me for me. It helped me accept myself, but I then gained another 30 pounds of "happy weight".

One day I looked in the mirror and realized I was sick and tired of myself, but most importantly, I realized I was sick of HATING MYSELF. I decided to love myself, and that's where this journey started.

Since then, I have lost 32 pounds. I still have 20-25 til my goal, BUT I am happier now at 158 pounds then I EVER was at 120. I choose to love myself, and realize that beauty and sexiness come in all shapes and sizes. I am not going to lie and say I don't struggle, but I am winning the battle of loving myself every day. For ONCE in my life I am proud of myself. I am doing this the healthy way, and I have my amazing fiance' by my side, who has loved me at even my highest weight...

Here is me today. Never in my life would I have ever told anyone my weight, b/c I was so ashamed. I may be "overweight", but I am SO proud of how far I have come. I don't care that I am not a size 2, I am beautiful right now. Although I have a goal of losing more weight, I am still beautiful now..

Here is me today, 5"2, 158 pounds of a girl who has gotten through so much bullying, so much abuse and is here to tell you that you are beautiful too. Don't let anyone ever bring you down!

IMAG0086.jpg

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    "I don't care that I am not a size 2, I am beautiful right now."

Yes, yes you are. Some of the success stories here may get me a little misty, but your story brought actual tears to my eyes. No worry, they are happy tears.

Like the hair color commercials say: YOU'RE WORTH IT!
  • Monicaislosingit
    Options
    wow amazing post :,) thank you for sharing ..looking fabulous and feeling fabulous is how it should be.
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    "I don't care that I am not a size 2, I am beautiful right now."

Yes, yes you are. Some of the success stories here may get me a little misty, but your story brought actual tears to my eyes. No worry, they are happy tears.

Like the hair color commercials say: YOU'RE WORTH IT!

Aww Thanks :)
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    wow amazing post :,) thank you for sharing ..looking fabulous and feeling fabulous is how it should be.

Yeah, I wish I had lived my life like this, b/c hating yourself is no fun at all.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I love this post and thank you for posting it. You look amazing - and your insides from what you have said are just as amazing too!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I would love to get to where you are and love myself for who I am and what I've achieved.

You must feel awesome. =)
  • heartsoulshannon
    heartsoulshannon Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :') Love your post. Thanks for sharing! And you're right, you are beautiful <3
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And you ARE beautiful, inside and out! :heart:

I'm glad you met someone who could show you that.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    b***h, youre FABULOUS!
  • BarbACona
    Options
    I think you are lovely, but you know what? It doesn't really matter what I or any one of us think. It only matters what you think of yourself and I love that after such hardship you are blossoming and becoming the real you. It's like the ugly duckling story. You are a beautiful swan, sail on beautiful swan. God Bless.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration for so many of us on here that want to lose weight because if we do, people will accept us, will call us pretty or beautiful, give us attention.
    you are beautiful, inside and out.
    thank you.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    This is by far one of the best threads I have read. So glad I clicked :smile:OP You are a strong, beautiful woman and I am so glad that you have come to realize it yourself.
    We as women do need to realize that others do see us as we see ourselves, so come on ladies, as stated in this thread, beauty comes in all shapes and sizes..... know that you are all beautiful. Go out with that attitude and confidence and let the world see it.
  • Rebzan
    Rebzan Posts: 24
    Options
    Awesome post!! Thanks for sharing!
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Truly. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful post and I am happy for you that you are 'comfortable in your own skin' to use a cliche.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You ARE beautiful! Body and soul!
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    Lovely! I feel that way but my other half always hated hearong me say thing about my weight and never used it against me... I tried dieting on and off..and finally I realized I had to fix me from the inside before I could ever be happy with the outside. So, thats what I started doing and it has not been easy but in teh end it will be worth it as long as I am happy!
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    And you ARE beautiful, inside and out! :heart:

I'm glad you met someone who could show you that.

Agree, on both counts.

OP, you're gorgeous and I'm very happy that you've finally realized that. Hug your man. He sounds pretty awesome, too.
  • Changemyfate
    Changemyfate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Totally Agree - This has been one of the best threads I have read too!!! I can totally relate & you do look gorgeous & confident! Don't ever loose that feeling & belief in yourself!!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You're all beautiful in one way or another.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!