Low Carb Meal Ideas

Options
Anyone have any easy low carb meal ideas? Ones with few ingredients. I have a few meals, but am looking to expand. Thanks in advance! Need to stay away from the starches as much as possible, which puts what I usually make WAY out the window ;-)

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I make these fairly often if you want to get an idea of the calories & carb count to see if they'll work for you. I keep my carbs around 50g total so these are all definitely low carb but might not be Atkins Induction friendly -- not sure.

These are all quick & easy.

Steak & Salad
    Have your meat at room temperature, rub with a bit of olive oil, season with salt & pepper and pan fry them for a few minutes each side. Finish with a tablespoon of butter. Toss a salad and you're done.

Chicken & Vegetables
    Chop up a lb of chicken breast, season with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder and pan fry in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave a bag of Oriental Blend vegetables (broccoli, string beans, mushrooms & onion) for a few minutes and then add them to the chicken. Re-season everything and stir to coat the vegetables. Plate and top with cheese.

Serves: 2

Beef & Cabbage Goulosh
    Brown a pound of ground beef (seasoned) with 1/2 a chopped onion & some garlic in a 6qt pot. Use a slotted spoon and transfer the meat to a bowl. Add 1/2 a head of chopped cabbage to the pan, season with salt, pepper & paprika, and cook for about 10 minutes and then add in about a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar. Add the beef back in and a can of diced tomatoes. Simmer for about 15 or 20 minutes to let everything blend together and the liquid to evaporate. Top with butter, cheese or both -- I tend to need the calories.

Serves: 4

Taco Salad
    Seasoning Mix:

1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

*It's a little spicy if you have kids

Mix the seasonings in a small bowl, brown a pound of ground beef and add in the seasoning mix once some fat has been rendered and finish cooking. Spoon over a salad of romaine lettuce & tomato and top with cheese or sour cream.

Serves: 2 -4

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
    Do the exact same thing as the Chicken & Vegetables except this time use broccoli instead of the Oriental Mix. Once the chicken & veg are done cover and make the Alfredo sauce. It's super quick to make the sauce but you want to give it your full attention.

Alfredo Sauce:

2 TBS butter
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (get your cheese from the dairy section not the Kraft kind in a can)
    2 TBS parsley

Melt the butter & garlic on a medium low heat. Add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes (it'll start to thicken) and then stir in the Parmesan & parsley. Keep stirring until the cheese melts -- should be less then a minute.

Plate the chicken & broccoli and top with the Alfredo sauce.

Serves: 2

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/alfredo-sauce-2/
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/
  • llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank you! I can't wait to try some of these...they look so easy which is definitely a plus for me. :bigsmile:

I tried your cabbage goulosh the other night and it turned out great so I took the leftovers to work the next day to. Still haven't made the lasagna one yet but I will soon...just have to get the cheese.
  • nanasgt
    nanasgt Posts: 33
    Options
    :smile:
  • roman109
    roman109 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks, bump
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My go-to meal is usually a big salad with mixed greens, herbs, tomatoes, sprouts with meat, (steak, hamburger, chicken, sausage) on top. I find this very satisfying and fits with my low-carb style...

I'm also a big fan of cauliflower "rice" or mashed cauliflower. Gives me the comfort food kick I miss from real mashed potatoes.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am about to show you the wonders of the internet:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

This website has really helped me with a keto diet. Best of luck!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!

I am always looking for low-carb foods! There are a TON of replacements out that. Google will become your best friend! There is so much out there!
  • chelle8191
    Options
    Thanks for links and recipes. Will be trying new things soon :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas! :) Saute chicken, peppers, onions, and jalapenos with a combination of spices. Just eat them without the tortilla.

I made some tonight with the fresh veggies I get from my CSA. Delish!
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    hey! I really like vegetable fajitas without the tortilla. that way I can add guacamole or green sauce to it and I still get full.
  • llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am about to show you the wonders of the internet:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

This website has really helped me with a keto diet. Best of luck!

There's so much there, thanks!
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    oh bump thx :)
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump..need some ideas myself!
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DorisMcC
    Options
    Thanks! Bump
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    To satisfy your sweet tooth--> Cream Cheese pancakes!! Only 73 cals and 2 carbs per pancake (according to MFP with the ingredients I used). 2oz 1/3 fat cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 packet stevia sugar, and some ground cinnamon to add extra flavor! Super easy and sounds yummy. I havent tried them yet but plan on making them in the morning. If you can find a sugar free syrup this would be a great low carb/calorie treat in the morning =)
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    bump