Cheaper Chocolate Shakeology Alternative?

Options

Replies

• falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    Chocolate Original Myoplex is only $1.58/serving ... it's also a meal replacement shake. I love it.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Its a shame every shakeology thread degenerates into people slamming each other.

Agreed. I think it's because it's an MLM company, but there are plenty of reputable, successful MLM companies (Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc). Beachbody is a BBB A+ rated company so I don't understand why people bash it so hard on this forum.
    Anyhoo... I think you would be hard pressed to find the quality ingredients you get from Shakeology in any other shake out there. The only one I have seen come even close is Vega One, but I have not tried it so I don't know how it tastes. I love my Chocolate Shakeology and find it worth every penny.
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter shake that tastes great (at least to me). Vanilla whey protein powder, fat free milk, fat free butterscotch instant pudding mix and PB2. I mention that only because I think if you use chocolate powder, chocolate pudding mix and the chocolate PB2 it could be very good...I just haven't tried it myself yet. Depending on how much of each you use, you can get it around 300-400 calories

Thanks for the tip! hadn't considered pudding mix :)
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I really like Walker Diet Meal Replacement (chocolate). I confess though I've never tried shakeology. Walker is low carb (7g), low sugar (1g), has high percentages of vitamins, tastes acceptable, good amount of protein (24g) and cost about $1 per serving.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    a basic chocolate whey protein shake + a multivitamin

LOL that is EXACTLY what I came here to write, word for word!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate shakeology but can't justify the costs anymore- anyone know of an alternative brand that tastes as good with similiar nutrition and calories?

i can't justify that cost for long term and so never started. I am looking for sustainibility. I want life changes, not diets. Otherwise sams had an alternative as does advocare.

I mix 1 scoop whey with fruit and unsweetened almond milk (30cal) after a workout and drink that and love it! OTherwise to replace a meal I mix 1 scoop whey with the same silk almond milk and mix with the magic bullet mixer. Lots of protein and very filling.
    I take a womans ultra active multivitamin from sams club, plus I take glucosamine ch....? unsure spelling for joints to be able to take the workout better as well as fish oil. Otherwise I have more post workout pains.

I am planning to do a 3x a day 3 day cleanse using shakeology. I have never done a cleanse and figure I may have some toxins hanging out. Kinda feeling stupid for agreeing to it. I am more towards natural or more cost affective solutions, this is 45 bucks for 3 days!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I became a TBB coach simply to get the discount for the Shakeology. It was BY FAR the best tasting shake that I've found...and for a while, I was trying EVERYTHING I could get at GNC and Walmart. I thought my husband was going to kill me for buy some many different items. They weren't every good...some were ok to where I could drink them, but none were something I would A. recommend to others or B. look forward to drinking.

I don't try to sell the stuff unless someone asks me what I do to lose and keep the weight off...but for some reason, people on these forums bash anyone who uses and says they use Shakeology. It's pure and simple..it's good stuff.

I have the Tropical Strawberry, which is vegan, and it's ok. Not as good as the traditional chocolate...but I found if you added a banana it makes the texture closer to that of the chocolate.

I haven't tried the vegan chocolate yet...but I probably won't unless my dairy allergic child wants to drink it.

I have a peanut butter shake that tastes great (at least to me). Vanilla whey protein powder, fat free milk, fat free butterscotch instant pudding mix and PB2. I mention that only because I think if you use chocolate powder, chocolate pudding mix and the chocolate PB2 it could be very good...I just haven't tried it myself yet. Depending on how much of each you use, you can get it around 300-400 calories

Thanks for the tip! hadn't considered pudding mix :)
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate shakeology but can't justify the costs anymore- anyone know of an alternative brand that tastes as good with similiar nutrition and calories?

i can't justify that cost for long term and so never started. I am looking for sustainibility. I want life changes, not diets. Otherwise sams had an alternative as does advocare.

I mix 1 scoop whey with fruit and unsweetened almond milk (30cal) after a workout and drink that and love it! OTherwise to replace a meal I mix 1 scoop whey with the same silk almond milk and mix with the magic bullet mixer. Lots of protein and very filling.
    I take a womans ultra active multivitamin from sams club, plus I take glucosamine ch....? unsure spelling for joints to be able to take the workout better as well as fish oil. Otherwise I have more post workout pains.

I am planning to do a 3x a day 3 day cleanse using shakeology. I have never done a cleanse and figure I may have some toxins hanging out. Kinda feeling stupid for agreeing to it. I am more towards natural or more cost affective solutions, this is 45 bucks for 3 days!

You're right. Your body naturally detoxes through your liver and kidneys 24/7. No need to have a shake "cleanse" . It amazes me that regulations don't stop companies from marketing products as cleanses. Shakeology likely is a good nutritional supplement but has no magic detoxifying properties.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Lean 25 shake. I mix one scoop with 1.5 cups ice and 1 cup Almond Milk in a blender. I think it tastes really yummy! Sometimes I add some natural peanut butter too. I have samples of chocolate shakeology, but I honestly like the taste of GNC Lean 25's better.
  • sofiesmommie
    Options
    Same dilemma I was in. I ordered whey fit isolate from fitness lab ($34 for 2lbs) and take a multivitamin and fish oil pills.
  • jobylou72
    jobylou72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    All this conversation hasn't helped me one bit. I'm in the UK and they simply do not ship Shakeology over here, unless you get it through a coach which I find ridiculas. I have to say i'm not entirely sure what the shake does............ Is it just a food suppliment to make sure you have all of the calories you are using during the various BB workouts?
    Also this throws another question ito the mix - What can us poor old Brits use for a recovery formula instead of the one advertised constantly on Insanity?
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    food
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't sell it either, never have, but have also never found anything I liked that tasted as good. I hear ya. I do get annoyed when people can't give the product any credit when it is actually very tasty, just way over-priced.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Anyone who believes their bodies absorb all those nutrients at one time must be crazy. You probably piss most of it out.

I'm pretty sure if you ate raw cacao you'd probably get more micronutrition than what you'd get pre-broken down and then dehydrated. Certain foods you can eat daily that will keep you healthy... one example is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    p.s. re: food. yeah sometimes I just don't want to eat more food. i like something that tastes like a chocolate milkshake. And it does.:tongue:
  • cat_feet
    cat_feet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its a shame every shakeology thread degenerates into people slamming each other.

Agreed. I think it's because it's an MLM company, but there are plenty of reputable, successful MLM companies (Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc). Beachbody is a BBB A+ rated company so I don't understand why people bash it so hard on this forum.
    Anyhoo... I think you would be hard pressed to find the quality ingredients you get from Shakeology in any other shake out there. The only one I have seen come even close is Vega One, but I have not tried it so I don't know how it tastes. I love my Chocolate Shakeology and find it worth every penny.

Vega One tasted alright going down, but every time drank it I ended up puking for hours after. Not even exaggerating.
  • jessicadeshner
    Options
    green superfood powder by Amazing Grass. It tastes better and is packed full of organic veggies (about 7 servings) in one serving, and has digestive support and comes in a variety of flavors. It's also under $1 per serving! you can get a month supply for about $25!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    a basic chocolate whey protein shake + a multivitamin

/end thread
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do MaxPro Protein powder and a multiple vitamin.
  • ccolvin19
    ccolvin19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I just did the shakeology cleanse for 2 days (only because I didn't have enough left to do the last day fully) and not only dropped 2.5 lbs in those 2 days, but also don't feel like I even want to drink the diet pop I have for such a long time drank! It also seems to have cut down my carb cravings so far. I love the taste and tho it is kind of expensive I like the taste. Any other protein powder I have tried I have to add a lot of other stuff to it in order to find it drinkable...which really negates the cheaper base cost for me. That's just my opinion, but everyone is entitled to their own!

To those who are so against Shakeology for some reason - If you don't want to pay for it then don't but don't bash people who do. I don't see what the issue is with MLM business. Do you also have a problem with Mary Kay or Tupperware?