What have you bought...

Options

Replies

• jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A good solid 2 ounce ice cream scooper. On a cone, two of these scoops is a real nice treat. And I can quick measure 4 ounces of ground meat or a half cup of mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, cottage cheese, etc.

Food scale, measuring cups and spoons. A portion control must.

A really good non-stick skillet. No need for a lot of added butter or oil.
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    These are really good ideas. Thanks guys!
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    a striiv - my best purchase at www.striiv.com

It's a fun pedometer! :heart:

I also bought a blender bottle and a Ninja and another blender and a lot of protein powder. I want so much to buy a VitaMix but that one will have to wait!

All the best, A
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Fitbit, good tennis shoes, xbox kinect (so I can dance like a fool where no one sees me), food scale, good digital home scale (gotta know my weight better than what I was using before), tape measure (because it's more accurate than my scale), something too small to wear so I have a mini goal. :-)
  • angusmike
    Options
    1. Get a high-quality, accurate scale. I just discovered that my 20-year old bathroom scale was off by more than 15 pounds. Stupid of me not to realize it, but I've lost "inches" and pounds, just not the number of pounds I'd thought I'd lost.

2. A pair of quality cross-training shoes. I've got new Balance because that's what my doctor recommended.

3. A stop watch to time your work-outs. I've got a Casio G-Shock that I've had since the Infantry Officer Advanced Course in 1986. You really need to time your work-outs to get full benefit.

No need to spend a bunch of money, just focus on the essentials. Best of luck!! :bigsmile:
  • CupcakeHarpy
    Options
    something too small to wear so I have a mini goal. :-)

I have plenty of that in my closet already :smile:
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've bought exercise balls that have done practically unused until the dogs popped them. I bought resistance bands that are sitting in the junk drawer. I bought a gym membership that goes unused 99.9% of the time. My best purchases are all the natural foods and the ingredients to cook from scratch (rather than those high sodium loaded with preservatives prepared foods). We bought a house with a pool and I just bought a jump rope tonight. Oh and good walking shoes. ALWAYS good walking shoes. Does the adoption fee for my dogs count? They are what motivate me to get up at 5am for a 3 mile power walk. I feel bad leaving them cooped up in the house for 8 hrs if I don't take them for a good walk first.
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    To help my progress, I bought a pair of running shoes from a REAL running store (not Wal-Mart) like I was doing before. I then accompanied that with an app purchase (C25K). Best investment I've made. The shoes were a bit pricey, but now that I've been fitted, I can get replacement pairs online for cheaper.

I'm considering buying Supreme 90 day.
  • CupcakeHarpy
    Options
    a striiv - my best purchase at www.striiv.com

It's a fun pedometer! :heart:

I also bought a blender bottle and a Ninja and another blender and a lot of protein powder. I want so much to buy a VitaMix but that one will have to wait!

All the best, A

I just checked out the website. It looks really interesting. I like good motivators like that.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i bought art supplies.. but that is for my mental health! :)
    gym membership..
    zumba membership..
  • CupcakeHarpy
    Options
    I've bought exercise balls that have done practically unused until the dogs popped them. I bought resistance bands that are sitting in the junk drawer. I bought a gym membership that goes unused 99.9% of the time. My best purchases are all the natural foods and the ingredients to cook from scratch (rather than those high sodium loaded with preservatives prepared foods). We bought a house with a pool and I just bought a jump rope tonight. Oh and good walking shoes. ALWAYS good walking shoes. Does the adoption fee for my dogs count? They are what motivate me to get up at 5am for a 3 mile power walk. I feel bad leaving them cooped up in the house for 8 hrs if I don't take them for a good walk first.

I love my dogs, but they aren't good workout partners haha. I have a 30lb mutt and a dachshund with little legs that has to run to keep up with my stroll. Obviously I wasn't thinking fitness partner when I got the little one :laugh: But they get their walk in the park and I get my gym time. I actually love the gym. Never thought I'd say that... And I agree with the natural foods comments. My bf gets mad because the food bill costs more than eating out. It might be cheaper to eat out for us but I like having fresh quality foods. Feeds my soul.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sports bras that don't f*cking stretch after one use.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Over the past several years I've bought a bathroom scale, lifting gloves (I haaaate calluses because I pick at them lol), mini food processor, a single serve blender, running shoes, sports bras/workout clothes, good headphones that stay in when I'm doing cardio, various protein powders, the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises.

Things on my current "want" list include a heart rate monitor and an armband for my iPhone.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I had a food scale for cooking various things that needed to be weighed along with blender/ice cream maker/foody think that chops stuff up... Never really used it. My ice cream maker container has sat in the freezer un-used for ages.

For the last 6 years, I have always gotten high-quality sneakers. A payless sneaker is actually more expensive than a high quality sneaker. They wear out faster and by the time you've replaced it at the cost of a nicer pair, your high quality shoe is still going strong.

I bought the fitbit along with it's scale and logging food has helped me more than anything.

I think the ridiculous weight gain on vacation and turning 40 in Dec. has been the biggest thing to get me motivated.

Next I am buying measuring ladles for sauces.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've bought a lot since starting this in May..
    Most important:
    HRM (Polar Ft 4)
    Fitbit
    food scale

Plus at the top of the list--- fat loss monitor, new bathroom digital scale, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Program (and a few more DVDs of hers), weights, floor mat, workout clothes, shoes, roller skates, personal size blender (for protein shakes).

And now, thanks to my weight loss so far, I've bought some shorter shorts. As the only shorts I had were the longer bermuda shorts that would come to my knees :happy:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    First I bought a phone with apps just to use MFP. 5 lbs lost bought multiple sets of measuring cups and spoons so they are always in reach, 10 lbs down I bought a small digital food scale no excuse not to measure, 20 lbs down had to buy new walking shoes, 35 lbs down purchased a polar hrm... That is my story so far, Have no idea what will be next though,
    I am saving all the money I used to spend on snacks and junkfood during the day in glass jars so when I hit that certain weight I can splurge and go clothes shopping !
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP back in April, I wasn't sure if I would stick with it, so I didn't buy much - just some new sneakers and a couple of workout outfits from our local thrift store. After I proved to myself that I would work out at least 4 days a week, I started buying myself some rewards: (I already had a crockpot and a food scale.)

iPod Nano with watch band so I can listen to audiobooks while on treadmill (downloads are free from our library)
    Polar FT7 HRM
    New Rules of Lifting for Women book
    Some cute capris and tops to wear at the gym
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight but I'm seriously trying to get some fricking muscles, so I bought the Select Tech dumbbells because I'm tired of my Bowflex and wanted to try dumbbells. I've never used a dumbbell ever until now and wow its a lot different than the Bowflex and I can't lift as much free weight as I can with the bows GRRRR :( I also bought Les Mills Pump and a Vita Mix blender and pray to God I am full of muscle by the end of December.
  • Weightlossangel
    Options
    I borrow my sons dog once a day, as my son is tired after work and doesn't walk her. The dog enjoys it and so do I, and its a good ice breaker in the street and down the dog park. Also for rainy days as today i wouldn't be without my wii fit. Happy buying!!!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking about buying some really good knives.