I'm new here and excited to be here!

Options
Hey guys! Hello! I just started today and I am very excited to be here. I was viewing some of the after pics and I have a question. Does everyone lose all their weight by staying within their calorie goals? I have seen some very awesome weight loss result tickers. Congrats to all! I need to lose about 90 pounds. :frown: I have tried everything except watching my calorie intake. This has got to work!

Replies

• 4healys
    4healys Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi! Don't know about everyone else but today was my first weigh in and I lost 9 lbs my first week staying within my calories. The first 7 were within the first 4 days and without exercise due to an injured ankle. Watching calories and exercising will definitely work. You might have to switch things up once you reach a plateau but you'll get there. Best of luck to you! Keep up the great attitude and you're sure to succeed!:smile:
  • binna68
    Options
    Thanks! I plan on making it work!
  • aznashsmama
    Options
    My sister did it. She lost about 30 lbs by changing the way she ate (you have to cut out excess sugar and fat too) eating smaller meals more times a day and giving up soda and only drinking water. Now that my baby is born it is my turn to try! Good luck on your quest!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site - congrats for finding and joining. I've lost about 30 lbs so far (ticker hasn't been updated yet) by watching my calorie intake and exercising a few times a week. (I don't even exercise as much as I "should' - imagine if I did!!!) One important thing - it's not just watching calories, but making sure you eat food that is good for you. This means fresh fruit/veggies, lean protein, whole-grains and healthy fats. I try to avoid as much added sugars and processed food as possible, though I do still eat a little here and there. I don't cut all "bad" food out - I allow myself something like no-sugar added hot chocolate a few times a week, working it into my eating plan. I don't feel hungry or deprived at all - I feel great being full with healthy, nutritious food and I'm looking forward to continuing to lose weight and improve my health. (I started with almost 100 lbs to lose... 1/4 of the way there!)

Good luck! You can do it!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. :)
  • binna68
    Options
    Hey guys thanks for the encouragement and tips. I can't wait till I can say that I have lost 20+ pounds. I didn't gain it all in one night so I know I'm not going to lose it all in one night. :smile: I wish I could!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey