STARVING Lately! This didn't happen before..

Options
I do my calories by evening out my TDEE with my activity (Zumba 4-5x a week) so I'm around 1700 a day. I don't count excersise calories at all, I just put at 1700 and do that pretty much on average, sometimes doing high day low day like 1400/2000. This past week I'm FAMISHED even after eating all of my calories and eating well. Yes I might have a treat like 80 calories worth of Pizzelle cookies or 1 small snack size candy bar but by all means I'm not going and eating at Burger King every night.

I ate 2100 yesterday because I was so dang hungry!

What gives? this happen to anyone else? This is the first time I've gone through a week feeling like I'm just not getting enough fuel.

Replies

• kaylynn1993
    Options
    OMG it happens to me all the time! I've been told you're really not hungry, you're thirsty. Drink tons of water and see if it helps
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Try adding more protein to your diet. It keeps you fuller longer. Ex: PB, Greek yogurt, beans, almonds, walnuts,cottage cheese, lean meats, sweet potatoes. Try to add a fruit or vegetable to each protein serving.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I get hungry even though I've had plenty to eat I go for a run instead. That way I earn some extra calories. Nine times out of ten I'm not hungry when I'm done (because I wasn't really hungry in the first place, I was bored or anxious or whatever). Do some sort of physical activity that you enjoy and see if that helps :) Good luck!
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just thought of something else. Maybe spread your meals out more
  • stronggirl69
    Options
    I find the more active I am the hungrier I am...after a really intense workout I sometimes can only go an hour after eating normal before being hungry again...I started drinking more green tea with a little honey.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I eat when I get hungry its pretty simple, no need to get the TDEE and all that business involved.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and fiber
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I get hungry even though I've had plenty to eat I go for a run instead.

funny-gifs-kart-crash-flip-burn.gif