garage-sale bike
    helmet and gloves and padded bike shorts to go with the bike
    Good running shoes, fitted at a running store
    C25K app
    MapMyRide app
    5 sleeveless tank tops to run in
    arm band for my smart phone

I think that's about it.
    Already had a good digital scale. I also had cooking stuff already but if you don't I would suggest a rice cooker and a blender to do smoothies
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    my list: Heart rate monitor
    pedometer
    good shoes
    good sports bra
    measuring tape (cause the scale lies!)
    new battery for my scale
    food scale
    nintendo wii
    yoga mat
    7 lb weights
    exercise ball
    ankle weights
    resistance bands
    a lunch bag to bring my food with me.

i think that pretty much covers it.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I found at a thrift store a Food center devise that has attachments that allow me to Shred, Slice, Grind, Mix, Blend, and even has an Ice crusher. I got it for 12 bucks and it is worth well over 200. I also found a scale there too.
    I found a Total Gym for 25
    I have plans of an Elliptical, a stationary bike and maybe a bowflex. I just have to wait for the right person to sell them online or at a thrift store.
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking about buying some really good knives.

:love: i love good knives. I have one really good one and a typical set from macys. They are from different worlds.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    HRM (I've been through two of them)

blenders (two as well)

and an iphone so I could do MFP on the go!

then an ipad so I could see things better here

yoga mat

cycle shoes that clip onto the bike

iphone armband

compression bras - i wear two at a time

a few free hand weights to do some exercises at home & save me time at the gym, whatever that means

and all the same color socks - so I can just grab and go and not worry about matching. :D
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 heart rate monitor
    garage-sale bike
    helmet and gloves and padded bike shorts to go with the bike
    Good running shoes, fitted at a running store
    C25K app
    MapMyRide app
    5 sleeveless tank tops to run in
    arm band for my smart phone

I think that's about it.
    Already had a good digital scale. I also had cooking stuff already but if you don't I would suggest a rice cooker and a blender to do smoothies

c25k app might be a good one. I'm addicted to my phone anyways haha
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Polar HRM, running shoes I was fitted for, sport socks to prevent blisters, a head light and blinker light so that I look like a cruise ship when I run very early in the morning...easy to spot in the dark by sleepy or still drunk drivers at 4am. Oh, and an Ipod, good headphones (I downloaded great high energy music to it), and dog poop bags for my running partner! LOL! Also a yoga mat, pilates and kickboxing DVDs, handweights and one of those huge exercise balls.

I also buy fresh fruits, veggies, meat and hardly buy anything in a box or can or bottle anymore with just a few exceptions. I buy greek yogurt, unsalted almonds and fish. I have an awesome blender for protein shakes and a ton of reusable water bottles.

But...I didn't buy it all overnight. I started out and got stuff as I went along. So that is my whole list for over a year.

Edit: Oh yeah...sports bras and underwear. Lots and LOTS of bras!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Compression wear... new track pants... new workout shirts and about 2000 new songs to listen too at the gym... padded weight lifting gloves.... new sneakers...
  • DMH58
    DMH58 Posts: 2
    Options
    I bought a Wii fit game and I've enjoyed it very much and have improved my balance and muscle tone at the same time.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a $50 weight scale that just kicks booty! I had those reg old $10 ones and I hated it. This new one is sooo much more accurate, we can set different goals for each of us on it, counts BMI and it's tempered glass. nice, He bought me 2 2lb hand weights, Jillian Michaels 30 day burn video, i got more measuring cups and spoons. Now I want a scale to weigh the food. But next week I am throwing these POS old white shows away and getting me somethin I can work out and walk with,,Oh and I bought a pedometer.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Food scale and HRM!!
  • heidimaggott5
    Options
    I bought a Garmin HRM with a foot pod and a 2 year gym membership
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My gym membership and my blender. I enjoy and use them both :smile:
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    A food scale and some workout DVD's so far.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I got us an infrared sauna, which is especially awesome when it hits the winter months. There is a small weight loss when using it, but I got it cause it just makes me feel so good. I crank it to 140f and sweat it out for an hour while watching the TV. Just melts away stress, aches and pains.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    a set of adjustable weights that go up to 24lbs
    several pairs of running shoes
    several pairs of workout pants (as I lose weight I need smaller ones)
    sports bras
    a tension band with a door hook
    running socks that prevent blisters
    a water bottle
    p90x
    jillian michaels 30 day shred
    heart rate monitor
    I already had a treadmill
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT4 HRM, a yoga mat, a set of free weights, and some new stuff to work out in (I needed some pants that weren't going to fall off and I love Victoria's Secret :D).

Next will be a nice pair of shoes. Hopefully a good pair of Nikes or similar.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    A foreman grill.
  • tmaslyk
    tmaslyk Posts: 7
    Options
    I've bought a set of 3,5, and 8 pound weights, exercise bands of varying resistance, a fitbit aria, heart rate monitor, nike shoes with the tracker thing for running..

hahah.. I've bought quite a bit
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I bought a plan to Weight Watchers, a gym membership, a POLAR HRM, a couple of pairs of tennis shoes. Got a great deal on some kids shoes and they work perfectly for workouts and they are CUTE and one pair is PINK!

Next on my list is some smaller workout shorts. Mine are falling down too much even tied. Headed to Scheels tomorrow for a pair or two. :)