Diary advice/judgement

Options
Please will people give me advice on my diary. It is open. Be brutally honest, I am thick skinned.

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your food diary and think it looks pretty good! Is it a typical day for you? Could you add in some more fruits/veggies and dairy? Do you usually work out or is today a rest day for you? I didn't see much, if any processed food in it which is a positive. Nice work!:smile:
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good but your calories are very low. I would try and get at least 1200. I eat 1200 or at least close to it, feel free to look at mine. I also think you need to bump up your breakfast meal, add more fruit. Are you loosing at this low of calories?
    Feel free to friend me :bigsmile:
  • lifescircle
    Options
    I just looked over your week.

NOT ENOUGH NUTRIENTS and NOT ENOUGH CALORIES.

You need MORE WHOLE FOODS... vegetables, fruit, and protein.

EAT breakfast and try to get rid of the lattes girl and candy. You can get healthier sweets. When you start eating more whole foods, healthier foods, you won't crave the other stuff.

YOU SHOULD MEET YOUR CALORIES GOALS.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I just looked over your week.

NOT ENOUGH NUTRIENTS and NOT ENOUGH CALORIES.

You need MORE WHOLE FOODS... vegetables, fruit, and protein.

EAT breakfast and try to get rid of the lattes girl and candy. You can get healthier sweets. When you start eating more whole foods, healthier foods, you won't crave the other stuff.

YOU SHOULD MEET YOUR CALORIES GOALS.

There is no need to shout at me via caps locks. I am capable of reading lower case lettering too.

I don't know what 'candy' you are referring to...I don't eat any.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Maybe the "candy" is your chocolate? I think hot cocoa or a little bit of chocolate (honestly it's < 1/2 oz.) is a pretty nice treat, but I think the amount of calories you are eating is just too low. You look to be going pretty healthy with the calories that you are eating but I just don't think you can get enough of what you need on so few calories.
  • lmeola18
    lmeola18 Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree, just up the calories a little bit. Your brain will not want you to do that, but it should help. Also, I'd try adding some fruit if you like! Everything else looks pretty good, except the days when you only had a latte for breakfast. Just eat a healthy balanced breakfast, maybe like a yogurt and a piece of fruit and some whole wheat toast. Other than that though, I'd say it looks pretty good! Just tweak a few things, and keep losing!! :smile:
  • kingofcrunk
    Options
    I will not up my calories because I'm not hungry and I'm looking to lose weight so its actually nonsensical to me to eat more food just for the sake of it.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I will not up my calories because I'm not hungry and I'm looking to lose weight so its actually nonsensical to me to eat more food just for the sake of it.

I understand not eating when you are not hungry, but MFP already creates a calorie deficit for you.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I have to agree with them, some days you're not netting enough to get decent nutrients into your body even if you solely ate vegetables and meat. Add to that your love for something sweet and you've got a minor issue. Losing excessive LBM while dieting is nonsensical to me, I guess we're all different.

It's all just advice, of which you asked for, so no need to get defensive.
  • kingofcrunk
    Options

I understand not eating when you are not hungry, but MFP already creates a calorie deficit for you.

what is the point in eating when you aren't hungry?
  • shortjennifer
    Options
    The problem with keeping your calorie intake very low is that your body may go into starvation mode and you won't lose weight. That seems silly but is true. There seems to be a balance between eating less and nurturing the body that really works. Start with the really healthy and add a few treats for just enjoyment. Good luck!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Please will people give me advice on my diary. It is open. Be brutally honest, I am thick skinned.
    You're usually getting plenty of protein in, which is a good thing. Low in carbs too, which I favour.

Not sure what your goals are or current position, but I've seen a lot worse !
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing good overall, try not to go below 30-35g fat and aim for 20+ unsaturated. 1-2 servings of fruits (berries maybe if you're concerned about sugar) will also do you good as at a quick glance I couldn't see much fruit at all.
  • simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Seems fine to me, if you are feeling well and alert, then stick with it. What are your goals, and are you heading in the right direction?
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think your diet looks fine. Some people say if you don't get 1200 net calories your metabolism slows. Others say that's not true.

You are getting your 1200 in and eating back most of your exercise calories. IMO just keep doing what you're doing unless you hit a plateau.

For one thing some times your calories can be off either in food or in exercise burns and that gives you room for error.
  • kingofcrunk
    Options
    I think your diet looks fine. Some people say if you don't get 1200 net calories your metabolism slows. Others say that's not true.

You are getting your 1200 in and eating back most of your exercise calories. IMO just keep doing what you're doing unless you hit a plateau

I don't eat my sexercise calories.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    We weren't asking about your sex habits. :-D
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options

You are getting your 1200 in and eating back most of your exercise calories. IMO just keep doing what you're doing unless you hit a plateau

I don't eat my sexercise calories.

LOL... I don't either. I usually have between 100 -200 calories left over its working so far. If it stops working I'll rethink it.
    Oh there is one thing. You may just not be logging it but drinking water really helps. If you are drinking it and just not tracking it ignore this.
  • SarahJane0691
    SarahJane0691 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Check out the eat more to weigh less group, and they will explain why you may need to up your calories. However I do think its important to point out that everybody is different, and if you are happy on this and your body is happy on this then keep at it.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

what is the point in eating when you aren't hungry?

Eating when you arent hungry helps keep your metabolism running smoothly and lets you fuel your body throughout the day. Im not saying eat a huge meal but, try to keep some type of schedule and something healthy in your system. If i ate only when i am hungry i would probably get by on very little calories at all. I have trouble making my 1200 most of the time before exercise. I have found that my weight loss is much more effective since i started MFP and keep on a decent eating schedule hungry or not.