Soda

Options
In two weeks I have gone from drinking a minimum of 44 ozs of diet soda (sometimes 88 or more) and a liter of regular soda to a maximum of 20 ozs of diet soda a day and water only. Who else has quit drinking soda? How is your progress?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I quit Dec 2009. I just went cold turkey. Don't miss it at all. About 6 months into quitting I had a sip of some by accident. Movie theater, it was dark and I was handed the wrong drink. I immediately got a headache and it sucked. It faded away over a few hours. The only other time I had any was a few months back. I had a root beer float. Didn't get any headaches then. Maybe it was the ice cream? I dunno :laugh:
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    I quit Dec 2009. I just went cold turkey. Don't miss it at all. About 6 months into quitting I had a sip of some by accident. Movie theater, it was dark and I was handed the wrong drink. I immediately got a headache and it sucked. It faded away over a few hours. The only other time I had any was a few months back. I had a root beer float. Didn't get any headaches then. Maybe it was the ice cream? I dunno :laugh:

haha! probably the caffeine. most root beers don't have any, i believe. it's hard to give up on my sodas working night shift in a gas station/subway, where i get sodas for free but not water. :(
  • dalemarie08
    Options
    I used to drink soda everyday but I too work at a subway so its tough. I switched to diet which isn't much better for me but I refuse to drink my calories.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    quit cold turkey for 8 months now. The occasional sweet tea was a required substitute in the beginning.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I used to drink nothing but Diet Coke. Diet Coke is fine in moderation but when it's ALL you drink, you're asking for problems. I still have the occasional can of diet soda. Sometimes two or three in one day, but I drink a lot more water now, and feel better for it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

haha! probably the caffeine. most root beers don't have any, i believe. it's hard to give up on my sodas working night shift in a gas station/subway, where i get sodas for free but not water. :(

had no idea about caffeine and root beer thing. I work nights too. 11pm-7am. but it's the opposite for me. I have access to a free water cooler but if I want soda I'd have to pay.