Olympics, proud to be BRITISH!

Options
So its nearly done. We put on one hell of a show and performed outstandingly!

3rd in the medals table, but in real terms surely top! We have a population of 63 million, only the US and China have won more medals with much bigger pools of talent to pick from. US has 314 million and China has 1.3 billion.

Team GB has really delivered and I'm so proud of my country, and its amazing athletes.

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm not generally given to patriotism (I don't really 'get' it). But I do feel some stirrings of national pride over these olympic games. I just think Britain has done *such* a good job - the athletes themselves, the way the culture of the games has been set up (so comradely!), the crowd support, the staging. It's been so impressive, so exciting. It makes me *almost* able to understand what people mean when they say they're 'proud' of their country.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    very proud indeed:smile:

T0M0
    Great Britain
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm not generally given to patriotism (I don't really 'get' it). But I do feel some stirrings of national pride over these olympic games. I just think Britain has done *such* a good job - the athletes themselves, the way the culture of the games has been set up (so comradely!), the crowd support, the staging. It's been so impressive, so exciting. It makes me *almost* able to understand what people mean when they say they're 'proud' of their country.

That's exactly how I feel! :smile:
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Me too!

What am I gonna do for the next four years without Tom Daley in my life?!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I've got a massive Olympic-shaped hole in my life! I'll watch any news item about the Olympics just to get my fix, even though it's well and truly over!

LOL, do I just need to get a grip? Or are these feelings normal? I think I need to join a support group for recovering Olympo-holics.....
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Since the olympics is over im defiantly missing it on my telly!!
    Team GB! :D
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Paralympics soon! Yippee!
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've got a massive Olympic-shaped hole in my life! I'll watch any news item about the Olympics just to get my fix, even though it's well and truly over!

LOL, do I just need to get a grip? Or are these feelings normal? I think I need to join a support group for recovering Olympo-holics.....

if u get the number for the recovering olymoholics can u pass it on this way please... lol...
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I think you did a super job of the whole thing. Have heard nothing but positive feedback from everyone. Well done

And you athletes seemed to have been couched excellently, hitting peak performance at the right time.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

if u get the number for the recovering olymoholics can u pass it on this way please... lol...

Needed here too... :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

THIS.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

^ :smile:
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Yup. Feel the same way.