Exercising with cats or perhaps any pet...

Options
124»

Replies

• Damiilla
    Damiilla Posts: 66
    Options
    I thought this thread was about catflexing :(
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yep my dog loves to get involved in my workouts, he either covers me in kisses whilst I'm doing push ups on brings all his toys onto my mat whilst I'm trying to use it! Love him but it does made a hard workout even more difficult!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i take my dog on walks about a mile or so usually intend to involve him in my couch to 5k training if i can convince him to stay in the grass
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My cat won't leave me alone when i'm doing yoga! Poor thing ended up getting a little shock from a leg stretch the other day lol... i had no idea she was right behind my foot.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My cats always arrive during the 30 day shred to watch and judge
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mine just watch me but let me get on the computer and my white one is suddenly in love with my keyboard. :laugh:

They are also both almost always within 5 feet of me ( the white one isn't when I'm sleeping). I feel like I have little furry body guards.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    :laugh: yes. this happens to me too but i mainly exercise in the gym or outside.

when i do pull out my yoga mat it obviously makes the same sound as when i open a can of kitty food because my cat comes running out of her hidey holes like YAY!

i've en tried stuff like "accidentally" squishing her when she refuses to budge but she still just lays there looking up at me like :love:

speaking of cats, does anyone else's cat run to wet sweaty clothes that you just got out of and start rolling around in them like they are catnip? it's really awkward hen i find my cat in the middle of that and something like the arm hole of my sports bra or one of the leg holes of my pantie around her neck and she's all twisted around on her back :laugh: what a freak!

We were dog sitting for a week and we would come sit on my feet during ab work.. Furry ankle weights! Or yes, try sniff my bum when I was sweaty and stretching! I also tried the "accidental squish" technique to no avail! I used to give him a sock from the laundry basket and a dog treat to keep him occupied!
  • teally13
    teally13 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm just waiting to be thrown off my treadmill by tripping over a curious cat. So far they have walked across the non moving parts of it but I can tell they want to jump on while I'm running. I also have to be careful that I don't squash a cat when I have it on incline as one of them loves lying under it!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My kitten has taken to lying underneath me while I'm planking. It's a bit stressful.... :-D
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mine is a pain if I'm doing a JM DVD, especially chewing my hair and attacking my feet!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    OMG - my cat was like this too. He was always sitting on me while I was doing yoga and running around my feet during Insanity.

I realized that he just wanted to exercise too! So, I signed us up for "Kitty and Me Yoga" classes at the local holistic vet clinic. We start next Saturday - I can't wait!! :happy:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    30-minutes.jpg
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I have this exact problem!!!
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    Ah, yes. My cat Eliot loves to sit on the display of the treadmill. Occasionally, he resets the timer.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I get lots of licks when I exercise.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I ride a recumbent exercise bike and for most of the time, my puppy is bringing his ball or stuffed weasle for me to throw for him. Arm workout, too!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    try it with a Bull Terrier trying to help you!!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at taking my cats on walks with me if that helps?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    All is quiet and I'm alone... Until I complete the first push-up. Something about that single action must radiate a cat tractor beam of massive force! My two old lazy obese house cats can be sound asleep in another room but are under me, in my face, wrapping themselves around my arms or trying to lay under me during push-ups. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone else relate to being smacked in the face with a cat tail while plank'ing, push-up'ing, etc? As an extra bonus one of them tries to chew my hair during crunches and attack my feet during leg lefts. It's like a workout in the gauntlet :tongue:

My dog tries to sit on my lap when I do tricep dips. My other dog is particularly fond of butt sniffing whenever I do floor exercises. The cat likes to get between me and the floor when I'm planking.

Great help....