A small hurdle I passed with all y'alls help

Options
I did something I would not have been able to do without this website and all of you. Last week was "Happiness Week" at work. Mon was Rootbeer Floats, Tues was Cook out with all the sides you can imagine, Wed was Ice cream and banana splits (the boss even pick up some Skinny Cow just because he knew I was loosing weight but they were gone within minutes), Thus was Nacho's with chili and Fri was popcorn. I DID NOT eat any of it. I stuck to my plan and not only passed the test, I lost 4 pounds. People would say "It's JUST this or That can't be that much, Blah blah blah. I would start adding up the calories from the packages and was SURPRISED how much was in all of this. The nachos and chili was about 800 to 900 calories (on this day I almost caved until I added it up. Nachos are like an Achilles heel for me). I AM NOT GOING BACK TO THAT LIFE STYLE.

Replies

• Minnoke
    Minnoke Posts: 26
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! It is really tough to keep up your willpower in situations like that! You should be really proud!
  • mkm9279
    mkm9279 Posts: 44
    Options
    Great job at keeping motivated and all your success!
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Wow, what a temptation every day for a week! Good for you :)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    It's too bad that "Happiness Week" would seem to revolve almost completely around indulging in high calorie, low nutritional value foods. That's a lot of temptation concentrated into a small time frame, good on you for keeping to your plan!
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good job!! So hard to be around "free" food and not eat it. But in the end it is only good for the time it takes to eat it, then you are stuck with it.
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Excellent will power girl! Keep it up!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! x :happy: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's hard when everyone else around you is eating all of that. It's human nature to want to join in, but really all that stuff is so unhealthy and terrible for you. So good for you for resisting and staying strong! You are making great choices to stay healthy and put yourself and your health first. Awesome job!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I have discovered that if I meet a friend for lunch or coffee & am not hungry, I can sit & drink a coffee with no problem! I choose to say I would love to eat a doughnut but that I am not going to as I will regret it later when it makes me feel sick. I discovered that I do not die from not eating every time I am offered something. I suspect that little know muscle called self-control needs more exercise than it has ever been given before.......
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    It's too bad that "Happiness Week" would seem to revolve almost completely around indulging in high calorie, low nutritional value foods. That's a lot of temptation concentrated into a small time frame, good on you for keeping to your plan!

yes I was just thinking that...congrats and great job!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Eric. Working in a medical field, and constantly dealing with reps and bad food, I have come to the point of passing on everything as well. It sure looks great, but I sure as heck don't want it. Seems like a few reps, some I know on a more friendly basis have learned, and they always get something special for me that I can have in addition to the junk :*)

I find it interesting that HAPPINESS WEEK equates with what seems like "bad" food at your job. Why are we being so darn brain-washed? Anyhow, very proud of you!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Great will power! Funny how the Skinny Cow was gone quickly huh?! People make good choices when they are available! Keep up the good work.
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    congrats goodluck
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wow, that has truly inspired me I really understand how hard it is to resist temptation I'm so impressed with you. I don't know if I could do that but I'm really going to try to be as good from now on. Well done! Xx
  • seaturtlelove
    seaturtlelove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I hate you missed out on the skinny cow ice creams because they are very good, but great job on avoiding the rest!!

When you get past the point of beating yourself up and saying I CANT eat that, and get to the point you look at something and say I don't WANT to eat that, then you know you've made positive changes. Great Job!!
  • ericallen72
    ericallen72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Great will power! Funny how the Skinny Cow was gone quickly huh?! People make good choices when they are available! Keep up the good work.

I was thinking the same thing. I think next time I am going to suggest that we do healthier foods. I make a lot of great meals that are under 400 cal, and you would not know the difference.
  • shortnerdy
    shortnerdy Posts: 131
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. I am so glad I work from home now. My old office had stuff like that EVERY WEEK. It's hard when your co-workers egg you on as well. Keep at it! You did wonderful!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good for you! One day, you'll have control over your achilles heel and will feel comfortable with nachos in moderation.
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Awesome job! When you can start saying, "No!" to things that you love, you know you are moving in the right direction. Great dedication to the task at hand.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!