Introducing myself after lurking.

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Natasha. I'm 27-years-old and married to a wonderful man named David. We live in Indiana with our 2 1/2 year-old daughter. I have tried so many times to lose weight in the past and been unsuccessful. It seems that my body would just stop losing after 10 pounds and I gave up. I have decided to stop all the crazy diets I have tried because they do not work, and have just cut out all the junk food. Hopefully this will work because I have quite a long journey ahead of myself, as I need to lose 100lbs overall.

Replies

• chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Glad you joined the messages. I have found several topics that help me out daily keep on track. People here really care and Mike does a great job keeping the board friendly.
  • anjc1977
    anjc1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Natasha!!!! You can do it. We have to keep each other accountable! Good Luck!!!!! :o)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi Natasha, You are not alone in trying every "diet" out there and finding they just do not work. I was the same way...max 12# and then it would all stop. What MFP has taught me is the idea of "starvation mode". It was really difficult for me to embrace this concept of increasing my calories to lose weight. I wanted to diet on a 900-1100 calorie plan. When I tried this approach including eating all of my excercise calories or at least most of them I saw a big difference. When I hit a plataeu I did the scary thing of increasing my calories by 150 per day and viola! I started to lose again.

Read SHBoss or Banks. His stuff is great!!!

Excercise is key. Drinking lots of water is crucial. But most important is choosing nutrient dense foods...real food...not fake diet stuff.

Best of luck!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. I think this site is the best. no fads here, but it gives you the tools to make a lifestyle change. Everyone I have met on here seems so positive and full of encouragement. We all have the same goal. A healthier and fitter lifestyle.
  • winter737
    Options
    Hi this is my first visit to this site and I love it. I have been on many diets, jennycraig, weightwatchers... I was thinking the other day man if feels like I have been dieting since I was like 35. I am 52 now and at my heaviest I think, I am not totally sure :ohwell: . I would like to get to 150 lbs by summer and I am sure I can do it. My husband has to help keep me motivated as he is a excellant cook and I do miss some of the dishes he can whip up.. I love how this site keeps track of your carbs, fats, etc etc.... very nice. Well hello everyone and have a nice weekend.
  • kawade80
    Options
    With each others support and holding each other accountable we can all reach our goals.
  • CountrySweetheart
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the positive words. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has tried to lose weight by drastically cutting calories. The last time I tried, it was between 900-1,000 calories. Then, I joined this site last night after hearing about it from a post on another online community, and my jaw dropped when it told me how many calories I should be consuming.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey Natasha!!!! You will love this site, everyone is AWESOME!!! Good luck to you with all your goals!
  • kms322
    kms322 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all the comments, I am a chronic dieter and decided that is what has been making me fail. I joined WW last year had a lot of success with it but with the economy the way it is had to leave. Found this site and actually like it much better. I do use my WW calculator to kind of keep on track with points but as far as logging in what I eat, I think this site is much easier and by far CHEAPER!!! Thank God cause I really need this, good luck with your losses and you can do it, we all can do it!