Jiggly :(

Options
I have been eating healthy and working out six days per week. I really do not need to lose much weight, but I really need to tone up! I have lost 8 pounds so far, and the more I lose I can tell I need to tone more.
I do 50 minutes of tae bo at least 3 times a week with weighted gloves and ankle weights. I also do some of the P90X workouts during the week. I use the elliptical for 60 minutes 1 time per week.
Does anyone have any advice on a good workout plan for toning? Do I need alot of cardio? more weights?

Replies

• rementis
    rementis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Classic exercises. Bench press, squat, deadlift.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Why not do the P90X program as it's laid out?
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing the P90X program as its laid out for a couple reason.
    1 being that I've already finished the program twice.
    and 2, because after finishing the program I was having some knee problems and I am unable to do a few of the workouts now :(
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You need to ditch the Tae Bo, cut the elliptical down to like 30 minutes, and Lift.

Squats,Lunges, Dead Lifts, Chest press, Over head press.. all will help tone up your body.
  • Dianescott42180
    Dianescott42180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you don't want to lift, have you considered either pilates or something similar? pilates (when I can stay on the wagon) always tones me up pretty quickly.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    yoga or 30 day shred maybe
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Also make sure you're getting extra protein to help build muscle. This close to your goal it might be beneficial to switch to maintenance calories and focus on longer strength workouts 3 days a week with shorter hiit workouts for your cardio.
  • danewortley
    danewortley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I believe in body weight workouts for this scenario. Weightlifting is great too, but if you want to skip the gym look into
    *PUSHUPS!
    *PLANKING
    *DIPS
    *LUNGES
    *CRUNCHES
    *MORE PUSHUPS!!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if youve done p90 twice and are still feeling jiggly i would say step it up and start lifting some weights. lift like a beast, look like a beauty. :)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need some heavy lifting hon! Do you have access to a gym?? Maybe check out the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. I like cardio too, but it will NOT help you firm up your body like heavy weights--not even close.

And no offense to anyone who posted, but there is NO way that yoga, pilates, 30 day Shred or any other cardio video will give you the results that simple, basic, classic, LIFTING will give you. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. :drinker:
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies!
    I do have access to a gym, I am just not sure what I'm doing. lol. But, I am definitely going to start lifting!