vegetables

Options
Hi all, Im new. And trying to figure out how to use the message boards. There is SO MUCH going on and Im not sure where to post.

But, I have a question. Do we count calories for plain vegetables, such as broccoli with no fats just steamed broccoli?

I had heard that people who count calories dont count fruits and vegetables.

Thanks!

Sandra

Replies

• sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    In short, yes, the idea is to record and track everything eaten including veggies. welcome aboard.:flowerforyou:
    Kelli
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't know what others do, but I count everything that goes in my mouth... otherwise I will conveniently forget about the handful of crackers I ate, or whatever was left on my son's plate that I finished for him... (very bad habit that I am working on breaking by keeping track of every little thing that goes in my mouth).

That's just me! Whatever you choose, good luck with your journey!
    : )
    And welcome!
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good idea to post those as well. It really helps me to see portion sizes and calories.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I think its important to log fruits, due to the Sugar content + Fibre, Carb and Cals... they all count for something!! I eat a fair amount so i like to keep track!
    And dont forget the veggies, they still have cals and other values!!

Katherine x
  • MrsSandra
    MrsSandra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you! One day down.....I did feel deprived, but, I DID IT!
  • MrsSandra
    MrsSandra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I logged in the broccoli. It was very little in calories. Im glad because I like steamed broccoli!