Foods/drinks you don't like that other people seem to love?

Options

Replies

• ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Broccoli. asparagus, cauliflower, marshmallow, coleslaw, mayonaise, carrot cake. Everyone wants to eat Peeps at Easter. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a truckload to set on fire.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Mayo
    Water Chestnuts
    Beer
    American Cheese
    Salt and Vinegar Chips
    Pancakes (it's a texture thing.. I like crispy waffles, but not pancakes)
    Octopus (in sushi and such.. The chewiness makes me gag)

Otherwise, I pretty much eat everything, and that explains why I'm dealing with weight issues. :P
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, avocados, bananas, applesauce, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, pineapple, kiwi, fruit juice of ANY kind, hot peppers, onions, pork, walnuts, cranberry sauce, any type of fruit pie, raisins, etc. etc. the list is super-long.

And tequila. BLECH.

Maybe it would be easier to list things I DO like, haha.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sour cream is nasty!!!!!!!!
    Have never eaten the fat on steak, pork chops.
    Oh and clams, oysters gross.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine are: coffee as mentioned before, anaseed, ginger. I will eat pretty much everything else! I was brought up on a british and mediterranean diet, and taught not to be fussy. I *hate* fussy eaters or people who refuse food on a texture basis!! People who won't experiment or try new things or people who judge food on what it looks like! (example saying brocolli "looks disgusting"- what does disgusting look like?! We eat chocolate and that looks like pooh!
  • ganbaranba
    ganbaranba Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Salmon. I WANT to like it but I just don't, no matter how many ways I've tried it.

Same... I don't hate it, but I don't love it
  • DiggerDagsy
    Options
    Mushrooms
    Green Olives
    Anchovies
    Lambs Liver
    :sick:
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Coffee or beer.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Whipped cream, sour cream, mayo, yogurt, I love fruit but hate fruit flavored foods, and Bud Light.. gross
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Meat sandwiches. I hate the texture, and I have traumatic memories of being forced to eat industrial mystery meat sandwiches or starve.:noway:

Rasberries and blackberries, and berry-flavoured teas. I don't like the taste and I hate chewing the seeds. Love cherries and blueberries though!

Ditto on artificially sweetened drinks. They make me feel nauseated. :sick:

"Diet" or "High-fiber" cookies/sweets, and diet chocolate. They upset my stomach.

Any straight alcohol except for wine/beer. I can chug down a shot of liquor if I have to, but I don't understand how anybody could enjoy this.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    sheet cake. and no I don't want the rose. (ech!)

and most alcohol -- beer, whiskey, wine
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    coffee, aniseed, liquorice, sweets (all of them, even as a child), avocado, hummous, olives, raw veg (I don't mind basic salad stuff i.e. cucumber, tomatoes, salad leaves but not peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower type stuff), flavoured chocolate (e.g. mint, orange), scallops, dr pepper, cherry coke, fizzy drinks that aren't cola or lemonade especially if a stupid colour.

There's a lot of other stuff that I'm not too fond of but cooked really well is enjoyable - e.g. had deep fried aubergine matchsticks with molasses the other week and it was lovely but normally would not touch aubergine with a barge pole. I can't drink wine but in cooking its fine.
  • om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options
    Mayonnaise
    Guacamole/Avocados
    Salad dressings
    Seafood
    American cheese
    Beer
    Mushrooms (texture)
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Potato Salad!! Gross!!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Honey (it's bee vomit!), sweet potatoes and cottage cheese. I made cottage cheese in HS Honors Bio class. GAG!
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Meat (the reason I'm veggie is not health or animal rights, I just don't like meat!)
    Olives
    Popcorn (though learning to like in very small quantities)
    Coffee (weirdly I love the smell, but it doesn't taste anything like it smells!)
    Marzipan
    Cake icing (toooo sweeeeet)
    Marmite :sick:
    Courgettes & aubergines...why would anyone do that to themselves??!
    Blue cheese

Apart from that, I'll eat anything, lol.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    sheet cake. and no I don't want the rose. (ech!)

:laugh: Haha, you are so right!

I like cake, but it has to be really scrumptious to be worth the calories, and most sheet cakes aren't. Usually it's going to taste exactly like every other sheet cake you've ever had.
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    I'm so not fussy with foods but BEANS!!!! Ick!

I will only eat green beans, soy beans, and jelly beans!

(I will eat hummus but not chickpeas and occasionally a little of a bean dip with Mexican stuff, though...)
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Beer - its disgusting !

Avocado & Guacamole - YUCK!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I don't like most chinese food or pizza. Too greasy. I love fresh, homemade chinese food and pizza though.