Foods/drinks you don't like that other people seem to love?

Options

Replies

• PastryWizKid
    PastryWizKid Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    coconut water, yuck!!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've had some really bad store-bought hummus. You MIGHT like it if you made your own, leaving out the tahini (sesame seed paste reminiscent of peanut-butter, but stronger). I always leave out the tahini and then I love the hummus! I make mine with a bit more garlic than most people would suggest, and sometimes add fire-roasted tomatoes. WIth some hot-out-of-the-oven pita bread, it's so good.

But hey, if you don't like it, you don't like it! My boyfriend always says I'm eating dirt when I eat it. lol. I just thought you might like it sans tahini.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Stevia. Seriously, how can people stand that stuff?!? It's about the vilest thing I've ever tasted!
    Eew!! I completely agree. It's horrid.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Corned beef hash (the nasty dog food looking stuff out of a can) Yuck!!! GAG
    potted meat... (again, looks like dog food)
    licorice (spelling ?)
    manufactured cole slaw, love homemade though
    McDonalds or most any fast food, I will eat Chick Fil A, but I'm not big on eating out, I like to have some idea of what I'm eating.

But feed me dark chocolate until I can't breathe, yeah, probably why I'm here
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    Pretty much all seafood. I'm from New England and every time I tell someone that I hate lobster, they look at me like I'm crazy.
    Onions and green peppers. I'll eat things cooked with them, but I can't stand it when the whole dish tastes like green peppers.
    Eggs...with the exception of french toast, though if it's too "eggy" for me, I gag
    Mayo. It's beyond disgusting. Ugh! I prefer my sandwiches without condiments anyway.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Beans, although I'm slowly getting over it.
    Artificial grape flavor
    Cake
    Milk Chocolate
    Fruit salad. I love fruit, but I cannot stand that all the fruits in fruit salad taste like pineapple
  • HotelWife
    HotelWife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Eggs.... It seems like THE breakfast staple and everyone eats them, except for me.
  • HotelWife
    HotelWife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried to quote someone and it didn't work (user error) :)

But me too! I hate eggs. The way they smell, the consistency, the taste.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    fish.. i hate it. anything in the fish/seafood catagory. i wish i could make myself like it! ughhhh

oh yeah.. like other posters.. hate eggs too. But i have an intolerance for them, so i get an easy out. I hate everything about them.. sometimes when i'm making chicken it smells too much like eggs and i won't even eat the chicken.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Beer and corn nuts and fish
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Beer - hate it (glad to see others do too, I thought I was the only one)
    Diet Sodas (although I can tolerate Sprite zero)
    Calamari
    Mango

I generally like most foods and will try anything. There are a few foods that I dont really like but will eat (like raw tomato) but the above foods I dont eat at all.
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i HATE ranch dressing.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I hate hot dogs - *Gags*
    The ONLY ones I'll eat are Vienna Beef hot dogs and THAT'S it!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I hate the smell and taste of it. everyone drinks it at work and stinks out the office and I hate the smell of coffee shops. Blerg!

FINALLY!! Someone else hates coffee too! :flowerforyou:

OH YEAH...forgot coffee. Don't get it at all.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    Beer, lager.. in fact, most non-sweet alcohol.

Figs and dates.

Pepsi.

Meat on the bone and meat with fat still attached. I will never ever eat a chicken leg. Bleurgh!

I can't stannnnnnd eating meat on a bone!! I just don't understand how people can eat a chicken wing and end up with just bone when they're done. How can you eat all that knarly stuff at either end of it??
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    Beans. Any and all beans. Never tried them, and I'm not gonna! I hate the way they look :noway:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Asparagus. And beer. And dolmades. Yuck.
  • Catie_v2
    Catie_v2 Posts: 67
    Options
    Coffee, beer and seafood
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Greek Yogurt
    Salmon
    Chicken-- I'll eat this if someone serves it to me, but I don't get why everyone likes it. The white meat has no flavor and is usually dry, the dark meat has a gross texture.
  • dmcintyre2439
    Options
    regular yogurt is fine, but greek yogurt omg its soooo thick, can't take it!!!!