Whats more important: Diet or Exercise?

Options
Question on the results you have seen. Do you feel that the diet or exercise is more important or beneficial to dropping the pounds?

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    diet
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Both.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    diet
    80/20
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you're only concerned with the number on the scale dropping, diet. Seems like I lose less when I exercise more, due to water retention and building muscle.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    diet
    80/20

this is the truth
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I've seen more weight lose just with changing my diet than just with exercise.

That being said, the more weight I lose, the more I'm getting myself into exercise. It's important too. But diet has had the most effect on my weight loss.
  • glo77773333
    Options
    Exercise is more important, but the two work together. There are times no matter what I eat, if I exercise, I tone and shed some inches, and some pounds.
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Diet and Exercise goes hand in hand!
  • brlandr1
    brlandr1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for all the answers. Seems to be diet, which I kind of thought!

Thanx again
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    a typical snack for me is 250 calories or so. Those calories go IN a lot easier & faster than they go OUT.

I'm not knocking exercise, but if you eat more calories than you burn, you have to do a lot more exercise to burn it off than if you just didn't eat it.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Diet! You NEED to exercise to be healthy, but for straight weight loss, diet all the way.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    It's hard to be energetic and exercise if one isn't eating good food. So, food first, but FUN exercise goes with.
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    They are both important because if you just diet you'll wind up losing muscle eventually if you don't exercise. Yes, you'll see great initial results with just diet, but that doesn't mean you'll be healthy or fit. They go hand in hand.
  • spcr0428
    spcr0428 Posts: 51
    Options
    "You LOSE weight in the kitchen, you get FIT at the gym". I love this.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You can easily out-eat your exercise efforts. Without dietary control, weight loss will not occur. If you do not exercise, you can only cut calories so much before you start to starve your body of essential nutrients. Absolutely, BOTH equally!!!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When you're on the heavier side, diet all the way! However once your near your goal weight, say 10-12lbs away it gets trickier to loose so exercise sometimes gives it that final push.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You can't out exercise a bad diet. Diet is most important
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    If all you care about is to drop pounds regardless of those pounds being muscle or fat, then diet will get you there. I wouldn't recommend skipping exercise, though. Exercise makes you healthier and makes you keep more muscle and burn more fat.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When you're on the heavier side, diet all the way! However once you're near your goal weight, say 10-12lbs away it gets trickier to loose so exercise sometimes gives it that final push.
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely diet! You cant out train a bad diet!