one bad weekend :(

Options
so its sunday and i have had for once a pretty good weekend,yet i feel down about it.Me and my hubby had frieds round last nite for a bbq,ate drank all nite and today I have been grazing all day and havent done my usually exercise (i do atleast 40min of some exercise everyday)...but now i feel guilty and annoyed at myself as worried about weight increase following this binge weekend :'(

Replies

• WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's just one weekend, nothing to worry about.
    Just pull yourself together and start fresh tomorrow. It's not like you'll have gained 10lbs in 2 days.
    If you enjoyed the company and had a great time, then a pound or two isn't a big deal and certainly not worth feeling guilty, beating yourself up about it or falling off the wagon.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I blew way past my calorie goals Friday and yesterday too. Happens to me once every 4 or 5 weeks, and I've come to accept that they are going to happen. I still try to keep from doing that, but find that the more I fuss about it when it does occur, the more I either overcompensate, or feel like giving up completely, so I've learned to just accept them as "off days"and get back into my good routines as quickly as possible. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just let it go and do your best to prevent repeats. :)
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way this weekend. My friends surprised me with a birthday party last night with dinner, wine, and cake....and today I am going too dinner with my dad. I was feeling guilty this morning, so I did a quick workout and went for a brisk walk, now I won't feel too guilty about dinner tonight...My friends keep assuring me that it's ok to have an off day once in a while. :happy:
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Instead of having the guilty feeling about not exercising, force yourself to do it today (there's still time :wink: ) You'll feel refreshed and the guilt will go away and the weekend won't go down in history as a total loss! You can do it!
  • Anya06
    Anya06 Posts: 95
    Options
    thanks guys I will just make sure I am extra healthy next week that shud make up for the this weekend binge...got 3 weeks till my holiday cant lose motivation now as want to look good in my bikini thats for sure
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Don't sweat it as it happens and will continue to happen. It's life and you need to enjoy yourself as part of your journey. Had one last weekend and will have another in a couple of weeks as well. I usually prepare myself but eating a little lighter leading up to the festivities. Then remind myself immediately after that I will be a 2-5 lbs heavier when the dust settles BUT that is likely water retention and will subside in 3-4 days. Remember there's 3,500 calories in a lb so unless you consumed 10,000 calories over the weekend there's no way you gained 5 real lbs.
  • Anya06
    Options
    Instead of having the guilty feeling about not exercising, force yourself to do it today (there's still time :wink: ) You'll feel refreshed and the guilt will go away and the weekend won't go down in history as a total loss! You can do it!

was thinking of going for a jog but its the hangover thats stopping me...feeling rather tender today ???? ...but maybe if i make it a short jog wont be that bad...hmm
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I was like that on Tuesday and last night! I did try to exercise as much as I could this week because I knew about my plans previously but even if you didn't exercise you shouldn't feel bad. You've got to treat yourself once in a while!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I did a ton of cardio and lifting on Friday and I took this weekend off.

I ate til I was comfortable yesterday, plan on doing the same today, and am not really counting calories.

I didn't workout at all yesterday as far as my traditional working out goes. We went to an outdoor memorial museum and walked a lot there but it was slow and easy. Today I'm going to do a light walk in the evening but I'm not going to do my typical cardio.

I'm going back to the normal routine tomorrow with no regrets! I am a daily weigher, it's an addiction of mine, and the scale went up a couple pounds, water weight I'm assuming, and I'm not going to freak out or get depressed. Life happens!

I'm not trying to sound cliche but this isn't a race. Life happens, events happen, crappy days happen. There is nothing to forgive yourself for or feel guilty or anxious about.

I hope you had a great time with your friends and tomorrow we get back at it! :drinker:
  • kmodrak
    kmodrak Posts: 13
    Options
    don't let the hangover stop you. yes, the first few miles will suck, but then you'll feel much better. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    u really dnt even have to go for a jog. just get out, take a brsik or light walk, clear ur mind, get some fresh air and keep truckin!
  • Anya06
    Options
    i feel much better now knowing that everyone seems to have these weekends/days.i went for a jog at the end and really enjoyed it as listening to music really relaxed me and made me much happier plus i sweated the hangover out which felt awesome :) new week tomos and get bk on it ????
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Just tell yourself that it's not a big deal (because it's not - at most you set yourself back one or two days) and you'll have much less of a chance of letting future "binges" derail you and break your spirit.
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    YOU DID IT! I'm really proud of you especially with the headache! You are committed! Great job :happy:
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    haha great job! That takes major effort going for a jog with a hangover. I had a county fair food hangover today lol.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I get like that too once in a while, my diet & exercise goes out the window...but you always get back to your routine.....we are just so in tune with our exercise and food that when we go off the wagon we beat ourselves up...don't worry , its ok !!!!
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a rough night this past friday. I had a philly cheese sub, onion rings, a canoli, and a cupcake. I way over did it!! But all you can do is pick yourself up, brush it off, and keep on trucking!!
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    I went back to my home town to celebrate my friends 30th this weekend..... and you know what, no i didn't exercise (unless you count my drunken dancing haha) and yes I drank a lot (but I kept it to vodka lime and sodas instead of beer or cider). But you are allowed a weekend off! But great work on the jog hungover, I could barely move! I will be working my butt off this week to counteract the damage, but at the end of the day- what is the point of this if it means giving up our normal lives in the process. You always have the option to not eat the yummy food or drink... but I am working really hard, so two days off means not much in the wider picture. I haven't lost motivation, and neither have you- it becomes a problem when you throw all your work out the door and say "oh i messed up this weekend, I'll take the rest of the week off and then start again...." You just keep going once you're over your "naughty" weekend haha!
  • Anya06
    Options
    defo think if it wasnt for the occassional cheat days i wouldnt have lasted with this new exercise lifestyle...but actually thinking bout it I have been doing the whole healthy living for a year now and I always have cheat days/weekends....think this one freaked me out more coz i am going on holiday soon and really want to b at my best shape ????????
  • Anya06
    Options
    YOU DID IT! I'm really proud of you especially with the headache! You are committed! Great job :happy:

it was u who motivated me...thank u ????