loosing weight.....but feeling drained all the time ????

ebsshassan
ebsshassan Posts: 17 Member
hello everyone
as most of you know it is the time of fasting the month of ramadan
i was doing p90x for a while now
but since i started fasting i can't make time
because i fast from 3.30am to 6.45 pm
during which i sleep a bit then go to work for about 8 hrs
then after i eat i rest 30-45 mins
then go to pray in the mosque for about 2 hrs
then by the time i get back home i feel really sleepy
so i sleep for 2 hrs then wake up about 2.30 am to eat a meal before sunrise.......then i repeat
i'm pretty sure i lost some muscle mass during this ramadan
it's my fault really for not having a good plan for this month like last year's ramadan
and now i feel drained all the time
i also think i'm slightly anemic
i had a blood test that showed my Hgb at 14.5 ???
also i may have over done it by donating blood to a children's hospital in the first week of ramadan this year
i haven't been the same since
oh well...it's all for the sake of allah
but what should i do after the fasting is over ??????

Replies

• ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    do you take multi-vitamins? I would imagine you probably are a little anemic from giving blood...that's natural. I would say to try some multi-vitamins with iron and see if that helps maybe.
  • wilkinsonlk
    wilkinsonlk Posts: 9 Member
    I wonder if you aren't eating enough carbs?
    I tried no carbs once and even though I was eating the right amount of calories and exercising and taking my vitamins, i was so drained. After I read the article by Dr. Oz about the Farmer and the Hunter body types, I realized that I am a farmer and I NEED the carbs. It explained a lot. Now I make sure I eat all my carbs and I feel so awesome. You might look into it. I am attaching the link to the quiz that tells you which you are. Good Luck!
    http://hunterfarmerdiet.com/take-the-hunter-farmer-diet-quiz
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    I suggest avoiding any heavy exercise during fasting. It will take about 6 weeks to rebuild your body after the fasting is over, so just go back to your previous workouts after ramadan, but lower the weights a bit.

I know there are also special allowances for people that are sick during ramadan. What did your doctor say about your bloodtest? Is your albumin low? (that would signal malnutrition) I know that fasting is very special, but it should not challenge your health. Allah would understand.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!