why won't the weight come down?

i am 5'6", 153.2 lbs but want to get to at least 140 if not 130. starting in february i did 12 weeks of p90x (only lost 7 lbs), took a week off, then jumped right into 8 weeks of insanity (which i lost 18 inches but only a couple lbs). After insanity i only took 1 day off, then started doing p90x/insanity hybrid, i do these workouts religiously burning anywhere from 350-750 calories depending on the workout and that's with using a heart rate monitor. when i started this p90x/insanity hybrid i dropped 4 lbs in 3 days and in the 2 weeks of doing this workout 3 lbs have come back. my problem is the weight keeps fluctuating between 156 and 152 most of the time. So what am i doing wrong? Why am I killing myself and not seeing the scale move? I ate around 1400 calories with insanity alone and now with the p90x/insanity hybrid i have upped my calories to 1700 net. My tdee is 2552 and my bmr is 1480. So what i
need help with is what kinda of calories i need to net each day to tip the scale? or just what i am doing wrong? any help is greatly
appreciated and I am sorry if this is redundant to other threads. thanks again.

Replies

• Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    From your post, it sounds like you're gaining muscle through exercise. You should probably aim for a pants size as a goal rather than a weight, as you might end up staying the same weight but getting thinner.

If really you only care about the number on the scale... Work out less and focus on diet, and you'll lose the muscle. But I think focusing on pants size and body fat percentage would be a better strategy for you than aiming for a specific weight.
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    yeah i definitely want to keep the muscle i've gained and i love to work out so i'll just go with clothing sizes thanks for your input, much appreciated.