Bands you hate that everyone else seems to love..

Options

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    U2, Nick Cave.
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    the Beatles, Bruce Springsteen,Carrie underwood, rap, most country
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Metallica sucks, If any of their songs come on the radio, I change the channel period. If my wife or kids are in the car they get pissed because they like them. I tell them tough shyte, lol. Dont care for the Doors, or the Beatles.

You know what's worse than Metallica, That stupid Kid Rock song featuring Metallica.

haha THIS!!

Oh and this this this!!!! never did like them.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can top you ALL - I hate Bruce Springsteen! Maybe I shouldn't say that - I might get kicked out of the country!!

i can top that! I cant stand: Elvis, Most Country, or Jim Hendrix. *nods*
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    One Direction, manufactured garbage.

ps. this guy was talented, but not the best like every one claims . . . 2pac. sorry, he wasnt a 'gangsta' but an artist, Love his music, hate his 'legacy of fans who hang on every word'
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    How has this thread gone on for four pages and the Red Hot Chili Peppers haven't come up? Their music makes me dizzy with nausea.

I've also noticed that every time the radio is playing and something astonishingly awful comes on it's always the Grateful Dead.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Too many bands I hate to start listing them all but My Chemical Romance, Nickelback and 30 Seconds to Mars are definitely up there!
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "agreed. I'll admit that I hate Nirvana simply because of the other people I know that love them so much. (wristcutting types.) The vintage craze going on right now is making everyone claim to be a fan of The Doors, The Who, Pink Floyd, etc. It really takes all the flavor out of the music."
    [/quote]

but... i really do like Pink Floyd. I grew up listening to them with my father. :/ its odd to me to see them so much on this list lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't hate Led Zeppelin. I'm just sick of their songs that get radio play.

And Jimi Hendrix... I was totally overexposed to him while dating my ex who had to check for "new releases" every time we went to a music store. Dude, Jimi's been dead since before we were born. He's not likely to put out any new tunes. (But that was before Tupak died and kept making music.)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    How has this thread gone on for four pages and the Red Hot Chili Peppers haven't come up? Their music makes me dizzy with nausea.

I've also noticed that every time the radio is playing and something astonishingly awful comes on it's always the Grateful Dead.

I was surprised at a lot of the bands that came up here, but I have to say, I've NEVER seen anyone diss the RHCP before. Overplayed? Yes. But definitely not bad. They are almost a band apart from others, IMO. Same with Sublime. Overplayed, but they own their own sound.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Nickleback. Theory of a Dead man.

I really don't think those would be bands that everybody loves.... especially Nickleback

I was going to put Nickelback and then I was like "oh wait, this is supposed to be bands that everyone else loves.." Lol.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'll start off by being a terrible, sacrilegious Canadian and just say it: Neil Young bores me to tears.

I despise anything with what I call "Emo Voice," the distinctly irritating vocal stylings of a guy in his 30s singing in a desperate bid to relate to teenagers, often found in the emo/punk-pop genres. My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan, Blink 182 or anything else with Tom DeLonge (I'll admit that "I Miss You" is a beautiful song... up until Tom DeLonge opens his mouth).

I also agree that the Smashing Pumpkins are irritating. The only song I ever really liked by them is "The End is the Beginning is the End," and that's because the rest of the song is so good that it trumps the grating sounds of Billy Corgan's incredibly nasal upper register, and his struggles to hang on to his lower one. I was in middle and high school for much of their heyday, and just couldn't understand why the eff they kept climbing up the charts. They were excellent with their instruments, they just needed a better vocalist.

Most of Maroon 5's songs annoy the crap out of me. They always seem to be playing at my rec centre weight room, so it's imperative that I don't forget my iPod! Speaking of Maroon 5, I can tolerate the falsetto when Key of Awesome parodies it: http://youtu.be/VyD8hkSbCRs (btw, for anyone who is annoyed by Pitbull, Key of Awesome's Todd does a Pitbull impression that's better than Pitbull, himself! So if you want a good laugh, you've got to check out those other vids).

I guess, in general, I like my male singers to not sound like they've got their balls in a vice. Most people in this thread, if you haven't seen this, you should watch the classic Just For Laughs video of Rick Miller impersonating the 25 most annoying voices in the industry... singing Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a classic, and oh yes, some of the mentions in this thread are covered, here: http://youtu.be/O6mZvsWHs4M
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    THE BEATLES!!!!!!!! I know I know I know call me a whatveryou want. They have great songs with great lyrics but I effing hate the sound of their voices.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Agreed about the Beatles. Maybe it's because I'm too young.

Elvis.
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the U2 comments.... not a hater just think they are over rated.

I will almost always change the channel when Bruce Springsteen is on.

But I cringe every time I hear Train.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Tokio Hotel and, not really a band but, Justin Bieber.
    And it's not that I hate them, far from it, but I tried to give The Beatles a shot but I just don't feel it. I much rather Elvis Presley.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the U2 comments.... not a hater just think they are over rated.

:O I Like train.
    Hey soul sista! ...Come on its catchy.
  • ncbecker13
    Options
    Maroon five
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

:O I Like train.
    Hey soul sista! ...Come on its catchy.

Train was way better before their "Hey Soul Sister" BS. But, I understand where they are coming from. Hey have to grow.

Adele comments trip me out. Being a musician, I feel like I actually know what is good. She is very good. She will go down In history as one of the best vocalists of our time.

Younger folks don't seem to get the Beatles. That trips me out. Musically, it is incredible what they did. And, everything you listen to today, including the way modern rock drums are played, was the result of the Beatles. No one played drums like they do until Ringo introduced a new style. Listen to bands before the Beatles, and then after. There is a very distinct difference in the way the drums are played, specifically on the high hat. But, they changed other things too, like vocal stylings and rhythm patterns. And complex music in rock. Not just simple three chord songs that everyone was playing at that time. Anyways...

I can't stand Springsteen. I appreciate his writing style, but he annoys me.

I CANNOT STAND Billy Joel. He makes me want to punch someone in the face.

Someone mentioned Smashing Pumpkins. Yeah. Lame.

Alive. I hate Alive.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Muse

Especially their Olympics song. I cringe when I hear it