What's your NSV (non-scale victory) for this week?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Hmartin1
    Options
    Being able to do a successful plow and shoulder stand in hot yoga.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just got my weekly NSV today! A little backstory: Was working on health/fitness & dating a man named Paul. Paul ended up being less than truthful about somethings (basically & admittedly leading me on) and dumped me in July 2011. He and I had been workout buddies. We were going to start p90x together the day he ended things. I cried for a week solid and then did p90x by myself (July - Oct 2011). Paul and I remained friends and he helped me train for my first 5k which was Nov 5, 2011. My best practice time was 48ish minutes (I was 275 lbs. at the time and very new to any sort of exercise). We did the 5k together and I bested my practice time by nearly 2 minutes -- finishing at 46:13 on race day.

I haven't really been in training mode since then. I have recently been contemplating doing a 5k at the end of this Sept. because Richard Simmons will be there and that would be hella cool. So, today, for funsies, I went to the park, stretched, put my headphones on and just walked. The 5k in Nov and this one is a Run/Walk deal... so I know for 100% certainty that I can walk it. I just wanted to see how much training I might have to really put in between now and then.

Today, with zero training under my belt... and 40 lbs. lighter than my first 5k I might add... I beat my best race time by 15 seconds! Came in at 45:58! It's the little things sometimes.... :bigsmile:
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I crammed for a test and passed by 1% haha. Its still a pass so I'll take it! Other wise reunited with an old friend and about strained my sides laughing... building new and stronger friends with some new people ( I am NOT a people person ), got a grill for my office (HooT!)
  • ilyo777
    ilyo777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Whoa!! I want one of those NSVs! You are incredible!
    Thanks! :-)
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did 7 solid minutes on the elliptical and then I did W1D1 of C25K.

I know for some that is not alot, but for someone like me who has not done honest exercise in probably 20 years, it is fantastic.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    8 mile treadmill run.

That may be my longest run ever. In my life. I was a 10k runner in my teens and 20s. But I don't know that I ever got to 8 miles.

Til today. I started running again in February, though I've always been active. I'm still surprised I could run 8 miles this soon.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Doing 237 minutes of exercise instead of my usual 150 minutes. I hate exercising right now as I am so unfit, but I wont give up!
  • funmonk
    funmonk Posts: 20
    Options
    A dress I bought 2 months ago and it was so tight I could not zip up finally fit today. A bit tight but still fits.
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No muffin top when I put on one of my favorite pairs of jeans. And a cute boy in the bar hit on me, he'd probably been drinking but hey I'll take it........:happy:
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wearing a little black dress and hella high heels to a wedding. Something I wouldn't have dared to pull off a few months ago :)
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This has been a banner week for me:-)

*I finally got back into my healthy weight range after four years (and two babies)
    *I bought and WORE a bikini in public. That was a HUGE deal for me!
    * I was able to get up to a 7.5 mph run on the treadmill today. It was only for a few minutes, but, hey, I was huffing and puffing at 4.0 four months ago:-)

I've loved reading everyone's too!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    realising i would have to take so much material out of the back of my shorts that the pockets would run together and it would look odd
    (the shorts were baggy to begin with)

but woo hoo!
    ( unfortunately too broke to buy new ones but i'm still grinning!)
  • Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My mom had brought some cupcakes into the house..(I did have some), but instead of caving and eating the last one I actually reached for an apple! I was so proud! :happy:
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my nsv just happened today....i can do a whole 13 minute circuit workout with weights now.....

"I can only get better"- timothy green
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I lost 13.5" in 11 days including 4" off my waist. I am now a 34" waist.. my fave pre pregnancy pants fit me!