New to MFP - Looking for friends!

Options
Hi, my name is Lucia and I am new to MFP. I have tried it before but it didnt last long. Some friends of mine had success on this website so I decided to try it again. This time will be different. I am 5'6" and was pushing 200lbs and was devastated that I let myself get to that point. I have always struggled with weight but during childhood was just chubby. In high school I was going through a lot in my life and tipped the scales at about 180. After that I got myself down to about 150 in a very unhealthy way. My weight has fluctuated ever since. I want to do it the right way this time and for good. I started Slim in 6 on Friday and today will be Day 3. I am looking for people who have had success on this site or people who are starting out like me. Basically anyone who will keep me motivated! :smile:

Replies

• grippycat1
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me :)
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site!
  • ulionk
    ulionk Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome back to the site! I to had a lot of success and the life changed and I put my weight back on again. I would love to help support you and reach our goals! The more support we all have the better.
  • lindalamb009
    Options
    I am new to MFP again! My doctor suggested it to me in recording it for real this time. So I am held accountable for my goals. So...HERE WE GO!
  • jpbgrad98CHANGED
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me for extra support, motivation, general conversation, anda cheerleader!!!!
  • njlosingweight
    njlosingweight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lucia I just joined today. Same ht and weigh just a little less at 192. I have been on Weight Watchers a lot but thought I would try this. I have lost wt in the past but then gained it back. I have always exercised so I have that part in place. Just crave food and eat when not hungry. That is what I am working on. Maybe we can encourage each other!
  • Inyosi
    Inyosi Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new as well! Every bit of encouragement helps!
  • vonsay
    vonsay Posts: 31
    Options
    welcome back! feel free to add me :)
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an awesome place for lots of encouragement! Feel free to add Me
    you'd like!
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I requested you. I started this once, lost 25 pounds and then stopped. I've slowly gained it back. I'm starting again tomorrow and hope to double the amount I lost last time and keep it off this time.
  • determined114
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7717-halloween-weighloss-challenge hey add the link if you would like to join the challenge also we have a fb group starting tomorrow as well if you want to be added let me know by sending a message.
  • amthibod
    Options
    I am new to site, need as much encouragement as possible. Trying to avoid medical issues.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Accepted. lol. Good Luck!
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    I am also looking for new friends for motivation. I tend to slip away from doing this.