Running Music!

Options
I just started a new running regimen and am looking for some new running music. Any suggestions?

Replies

• fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lmfao ...sexy and I know it!
  • hcoulson1
    hcoulson1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I heart radio app if you have a device that allows that pick the artist you like and it will play similar music all upbeat!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I heart radio app if you have a device that allows that pick the artist you like and it will play similar music all upbeat!
    I love that and Lastfm.
    But I also like the apps that choose music based on your actual pace.
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What kind of music do you like?

Richard Vission & Static Revenger- I like that
    Rammstein- Duhast
    Lo Fidelity Allstars- battle Flag (Such a good running song)
    Outkast- Bombs over bagdad
    Madcon- Beggin
    Prodigy- Firestarter

some thats on my playlist I made on Winamp
  • doogie52
    doogie52 Posts: 53
    Options
    I bought a $20 set of sony headphones and listen to music from my iphone music list.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Definitely Metallica.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    this is love - WIl. I .Am - my new fav!!!
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks...so I'm not help at all, lol.
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i use pandora and usually have it on radio club dance hits or todays radio hits. i have to have something pumpin. :)
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Depends on what genres of music you like. I personally enjoy working out to all the different variants of metal music as well as rock. Occasionally, I find house/techno/trance/dubstep OK for running. Some prefer rap and hip hop. All in personal taste. I find that the beat is what really makes a song good for running.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Oh, how many times I have responded to this topic...search is a helpful thing.

Regardless, I can't stand running to music I know the words to, I usually want to sing along, which means I mess up my breathing and cadence. So, I've found alternatives.

1. DJ Steveboy's Podrunner podcast. Once a week you get a new trance/club mix to run to
    2. DJ Peter Canelli's Runnin' to the Beats podcast - Again, periodic new trance/club mixes to run to
    (Both of these guys are runners. Steveboy will tell you what the tempo of the music is, which helps if you're trying for a quick pace or a slower, easy run. Canelli usually scripts his mixes around some goal -- like the 2-hour half-marathon mix from a little over a year ago, one of my favorites)
    3. DJ Giancarlo Chersich did two mixes for Jillian Michaels featuring pop music over the past year. Log in to Spotify, search for his name and download them. Good mixes.

There is no "bad" running music. And no music is "better' than any other.Just find something you like, stuff with a good tempo (or a tempo that matches what your run's goals are) and enjoy. And get out there and pound pavement!!
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The latest Korn Album...LOVE IT!!! Over and over again when I'm exercising. And now whenever I hear it outside of the gym, I get the urge to run lol
  • yz400slayer
    yz400slayer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same music that keeps me motivated in the gym: Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, ect... Though, anything with a fast tempo works very well.
  • JenniferDLP
    JenniferDLP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pandora has a workout option, just pick the genre. =)
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks...so I'm not help at all, lol.

I thought I was the only one! Nice.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Use Pandora. :wink:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Use Pandora. :wink:
  • reden324
    reden324 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :)
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Same music that keeps me motivated in the gym: Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, ect... Though, anything with a fast tempo works very well.

Great choices! Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden take up the most space on my iPod!