washing workout clothes in Oxy Clean

Options
2»

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    We use Era or Arm and Hammer both have Oxy Clean added to them.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yes.... but I use oxyclean on every load of laundry I do cuz it's awesome stuffs!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Nothing a little baking soda in the wash and vinegar in the rinse cycle can't fix!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i always use a detergent with oxy clean in it; however, I was talking to a friend of mine and mentioning that my work out clothes still have a funk to them. She told me to use good old fashion ammonia. You load your washer add 1 cup of ammonia (no detergent), let it run a cycle, then was the clothes as you normally would. It works great! I do it once a week for my work out clothes and my husband's work clothes. (yea, it's using more water, but I don't smell funky anymore) :bigsmile:
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. Have noticed the problem lately and been frustrated with how to get rid of it. Going to try these solutions and see which one works. Thanks ladies.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I add Oxy Clean to every load, I love this stuff. But here's a tip i got from a friend of mine that owns a dry cleaning business...when it comes to my daughter's softball uniforms i was told to fill the kitchen sink w/the hottest water from the tap, then add 1 scoop of oxy clean & 1 cup of Awesome cleaner (a general cleaning agent from the Dollar Store) soak the uniform till the water has cooled. wring out the uniform & wash in the washer. I have no problems with stains or smells... good luck
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I just wash them in my normal laundry detergent (The Honest Company). I never have lingering odors. They do have an oxy booster that I just got, but that's mainly for tough baby stains (poop, food, etc.).
    You're lucky! After a few months of running I get "lingering odors". My husband's baseball cap does too. I wash that in oxyclean too. It really helps.

Not lucky. Natural cleaning products work better than chemical products.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    One thing Ive done lately is making my own fabric softener. I used to wash in tide stain release for everything but now just this softener does it. Its 6cups hot water, 3 cups white vinegar and 2 cups hair conditioner (I use suave since I can get it cheap with sales/coupons) I think the vinegar is what helps but everything comes out amazing!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I just wash them in my normal laundry detergent (The Honest Company). I never have lingering odors. They do have an oxy booster that I just got, but that's mainly for tough baby stains (poop, food, etc.).
    You're lucky! After a few months of running I get "lingering odors". My husband's baseball cap does too. I wash that in oxyclean too. It really helps.

Not lucky. Natural cleaning products work better than chemical products.
    Our detergent is natural.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Still after all these years have not tired Oxyclean I always thought it was too harsh for tops like these. Maybe I should try it. I hand wash all of my exercise tops in cold water in the kitchen sink with detergents made by Tyler candle company called Glam Wash it's a lingerie detergent it is the best stuff ever for sweaty tops and is a very lightweight formula and you do not need to use a whole lot of it. It smells incredible. Makes your entire house smell good like an air freshener too. They come in several scents.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    How about putting alcohol in a spray bottle and giving the workout clothes a sprits to kill the bacteria.
  • jeanielawson
    jeanielawson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use regular laundry detergent plus 1 cup of vinegar to wash the clothes I wear to hot yoga. It works beautifully! :smile:
  • ssqvskhsjoxnsdbyfp
    ssqvskhsjoxnsdbyfp Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    How anyone could consider washing workout clothes less than every time you workout I can’t even imagine. I bicycle nearly every day and after every ride, I rinse out my cycling shorts in the shower and then let them hang dry. After the 3rd or 4th ride I throw that pair in the wash and use another one next time. Everything else goes into the laundry hamper. If you work out, you sweat, if you sweat your clothes absorb all your excretions and that will make for a foul stink unless you wash your clothes.

I would advise you to hemp clothing, because there are a huge number of manuals on the Internet on how to wash hemp clothing . Hemp fabric has been used for hundreds of years in Europe and Asia as a raw material in textiles for items like linen and lace. It's not only earth-friendly but sustainable as well making hemp the perfect natural fiber to go green with! Wearing hemp clothes also supports your local farmers because hemp requires no pesticides to grow. And if that's not enough to be environmentally conscious, you can rest assured that the growing process of hemp helps improve soil health by breaking up tight bonds between clay particles on the Earth's surface while degrading organic matter packages from higher up in the soil profile for further decomposition.