May I ask how you guys do it?

Options

Replies

• Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, exercise is usually called "working out". Who the hell wants to "work"? It sounds like such a pain in the butt!

I've been trying lately to change my mindset, and make it more about fun. I find myself lazing about in my recliner, about to take another power snooze, and I gotta shake myself out of the chair and find SOMETHING to do. It doesn't always have to be something like P90X or a 25km bike ride, but I gotta get myself moving, doing something. I'm hoping the more I do this, the more natural it'll become, and the more motivated I'll be.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Spite.
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I always do something fun - I want it to be a hobby or a game, not a chore. Often I'll put on some really upbeat music and hula hoop to it.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Find an activity you like. I love riding my bike, so I'm eager to ride. I don't necessarily enjoy weight training, but the results are very apparent even from day-to-day, which keeps me motivated and excited to see my progress. I've tried things I didn't enjoy, before. Running on the treadmill... bored me to tears, and I didn't last more than a week before I quit exercising. Punching bag was fun for short periods, but, again, I got bored quickly from being stationary. So yeah, finding something you actively enjoy makes all the difference.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    bump for the read.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    i've played highly intense competitive sports my whole life although i'm more of a weekend warrior nowadays but i've never lost the competitive fire...I find it very easy to get in the zone for an activity no matter what it is...for me its all mental...just focusing and visualizing what needs to be done and all the mini goals that add to a larger goal
  • kdelin08
    kdelin08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I change my workout almost daily. Sometimes I walk, sometimes I do zumba, sometimes I ride my bike. On days that I am not feeling cardio I go to a hot yoga class, I always feel super refreshed afterwards. I lose motivation if I start feeling like I have to stick to one thing but it I found that switching it up like this makes it easier for me to make sure I work out in some way every day. So far it has been working for me.I have lost about 18lbs since the middle of June.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It helps me relieve stress lol
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    How do you guys get motivated? How do you guys get yourself to exercise everyday?

It's taken me a long time to find the motivation, In my case motivation can't be forced, something just snapped inside me. My new lifestyle is my new addiction. I try to get my work out done early cause by the end of day I am tired and don't feel like it.
    I'm looking forward to my before and after photos. Picture yourself a year from now, how do you want to look / feel ?

this!
  • rmn1972
    rmn1972 Posts: 20
    Options
    I get up early so I have time to ride my stationary bike BEFORE I go to work. I have gotten to the point where my day would feel strange if I didn't start it out that way. I watch the news, weather and traffic report to pass the time (I ride for 60 minutes), then I either ride another 30 minutes after work or else I walk 30-45 minutes.
    Good habits can become as difficult to break as bad ones if you give them time.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Set mini goals... Instead of large goals that seem like they are no where in site set goals in 5 -10 lb increments. Set weekly plans together that you hold yourself accountable to complete, for example: drink 100 ounces of water a day, exercise at least 30 minutes a day 6 days a week and stay under/at your calorie goal everyday... Then hold yourself responsible for following through with those goals. NO EXCUSES - sounds SO clichè but its the truth. One of the ways I was able to hit my goals/surpass them was I told myself, no excuses. When I set out to complete a workout, what I planned was what I did, I NEVER stopped early, or QUIT. My motto, if you are not at your goal, then YES its too soon to quit. Also - you get what you WORK for.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    if you want it.. you will do it.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ughh, I hate working out. I just do. Can't stand it, but I still manage to put on my tennis shoes and do the damn thing. I seriously hate sweating. Afterwards though, is a completely different story. I just have to keep in the back of my mind that I will feel great afterwards.
  • spazz_face
    Options
    I just got tired of doing nothing. Moaning about something I wasn't putting any effort in to fix. So I am fixing it, and I am not stopping it till I am where I want to be fitness, health, and weight wise. Once you get into a regular routine it becomes addictive, much like this website.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well said for a guy....
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Oh it's not an easy task...the one thing I do is I have to walk past a full length mirror everyday when I get up so I see what I need to work on that day. I know that sitting on the couch hasn't worked very well so I need to get out and do something. I have a dog to walk and I have a gut to lose...I know I can and will do it. The only way for it to happen faster is if I get out and do something. I wish you the best.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    How do you guys get motivated? How do you guys get yourself to exercise everyday?

It's taken me a long time to find the motivation, In my case motivation can't be forced, something just snapped inside me. My new lifestyle is my new addiction. I try to get my work out done early cause by the end of day I am tired and don't feel like it.
    I'm looking forward to my before and after photos. Picture yourself a year from now, how do you want to look / feel ?

Yeah, this! I had it with looking at pictures of myself and in the mirror and really not liking how I look. I also am sick of feeling like I am embarrassed to go and buy clothes in my size and to go out in public because I gained weight and it seemed to be not getting better but worse. I have to make time for me and my needs I decided, too. You can do it if you have something that really gets you. I want my youngest son(7) to be able to put his arms around my waist and reach all the way around without trying too hard in the next year. :)
  • purple_potion
    purple_potion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't!! I absolutely HATE working out... and I know it's not as healthy, but I just eat less..

27546049.png
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I have a competition at the end of the week where I'll be squatting, benching & deadlifting in front of a group of people. Don't really want to look like a weakling :tongue:

Oh & I prefer to use the term training than working out these days. Working out just seems like a term used to do generic exercises to lose weight. I'm training to be fit & strong.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    In response to the OP, less 420 typically helps with the motivation ;) ... works better for a reward, just make sure you're not still gasping for air or you could hurt yourself.