Hey Fat Girl!! Ya you..

Options

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    The you're/your thing bugs me a little, but not enough to be like that on this thread. Cause this an awesome thread, and I love the OP's pictures. Your accomplishment is most excellent, and I want to do a warrior dash so bad! And ... tough mudder. I've had a lot of "I can't" and "I'll never" moments in my fitness journey....

Anyway, great story. :)

(edited for typos)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    your = possessive
    you're = you are

Elly. Your an inspiration. Your my hero. You're friends adore you.

Saltatoria, I want to be you're friend. Said no one. Ever.

LOL
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm the fat girl in my Zumba class!! And, guess what? I have the skinny girls asking me how the heck I do it three times a week!! ;-)

added note: I'm also in the advanced class. :-P

I am the fat girl teaching a Zumba class! Big girls know how to rock it!! Good for you!!
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Thank you for remotivating me! I fell off the wagon and everything I lost came right back + some. Thanks for making feel like I can do this...again. You are beautiful...remember that!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    How fun is THAT? Well done YOU!~
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Tell me where I can sign up! I am having a hard time finding a place with "real" people in it.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm the fat girl in my Zumba class!! And, guess what? I have the skinny girls asking me how the heck I do it three times a week!! ;-)

added note: I'm also in the advanced class. :-P

I am the fat girl teaching a Zumba class! Big girls know how to rock it!! Good for you!!

WOOT!!! WE ROCK!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    your = possessive
    you're = you are

Elly. Your an inspiration. Your my hero. You're friends adore you.

Saltatoria, I want to be you're friend. Said no one. Ever.

LOL

HA! I :laugh: as well at this
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to a new cardio class there is a moment before I walk in the door and the thoughts running through my head are:
    Will I be the only fat girl? Will I be able to do it/keep up with the class ?

But I have made myself do it. I've been doing Zumba, Yoga, Water Aerobics, and as of today I did a really hard cardio class called PiYo strength. It's tough cardio with some pilates and yoga mixed in, but boy oh boy do you get your heart rate up and SWEAT. I'm so glad I made myself do it.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Way to go Elly!! the photos look AMAZING!

Hugely inspirational as always!! :drinker:
  • HSam0828
    HSam0828 Posts: 12
    Options
    your = possessive
    you're = you are

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." That is the difference between you're and your, but it didn't need to be said here.

Big congratulations!!!! You inspired me, and I just started my C25K because I want to run a 5K. Keep up the great work! :D
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, you are a ROCK STAR! Keep kicking *kitten* and taking names.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    the one who can't do push-ups cuz - I"M TOO FAT

the one who can't start running cuz - FAT GIRLS DON"T RUN

the one who hates the gym because she is the FAT GIRL

and to the ones who say "I can't" ...

It all begins with one step ... one tiny step...

For me that step led me here:

2qk5xqs.jpg

and even though that FAT GIRL SYNDROME came out and kept telling me "you can't do this, your still 250lbs!!" I pushed, and it led me to completing my very first WARRIOR DASH!!

v4ckjm.jpg

So stop saying you can't! Stop telling yourself YOUR TOO FAT.. and start doing!!

LOVE THIS!!!:drinker: thank you for posting! and thats awesome.... good job!!! u rock! love it:flowerforyou:
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...!!! This is how i feel when i am doing a Zumba class or kickboxing at the gym cause i am the biggest one in the class, Some people be looking at me like your in this class and i give me a look like YEAH i am and you will see me every week in here. so get use to it
    25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    Every time I go to a new cardio class there is a moment before I walk in the door and the thoughts running through my head are:
    Will I be the only fat girl? Will I be able to do it/keep up with the class ?

But I have made myself do it. I've been doing Zumba, Yoga, Water Aerobics, and as of today I did a really hard cardio class called PiYo strength. It's tough cardio with some pilates and yoga mixed in, but boy oh boy do you get your heart rate up and SWEAT. I'm so glad I made myself do it.

awesome!!!!! and sometimes.. with a lot of things.. the only "TRUE" failure Is NOT TRYING!!!! even if u did go to that class/zumba or any of em.. and u had to alter a few things as u go or not as fast.. your still there and your still doing it.. i love it.. that class sounds hard too! right on.. i do 'body pump' and zumba @ my gym now :bigsmile:
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And I love the other posts of chasin' the dream, regardless of size! I joined a dance team and competed in a national competition and I was over 200 pounds. Music doesn't care about weight!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    your = possessive
    you're = you are

Why not congratulate her instead of nitpicking her grammar and punctuation? I'm sure you're not perfect....

To the OP, congrats. I think I may do a Warrior Dash or something similar when I hit my goal weight. You rock!
  • Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow good job!! Maybe I should set myself a goal like a dash or 5k or something. Way to go, that is a HUGE accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself. (But maybe stop calling yourself fat girl...you are MUCH more than that.)
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    Bump for later...totally considering it.

Congrats on the awesomeness! (I hope I spelled that correctly...I wouldn't want to offend anyone :wink: )

At least you can rest comfortably knowing that if you had misspelled it, someone would have been kind enough to correct you.

:smile:

LMBO.. no doubt.. what the heck !?!? haha
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So inspiring... this is just the kind of kick in the butt I need right now. I've been wanting to do a 5K in October, but keep telling myself I'm too fat to jog. Maybe I'm not after all?? :)