Looking for fellow 20-somethings

Options

Replies

• KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm 27! I love experimenting with new foods. I don't claim to be a great cook but I'm not bad and I've been able to find some good, healthy recipies over the past couple months which has helped with my loss so far. Feel free to add
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Hello. I'm 20 and I'm trying to lose *counts* 66lbs or so. I'd love some people to try and lose it with too.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 102
    Options
    thanks for the website (skinnytaste.com) ---i'm only 2 pounds down so far but luv to cook with my bf. our problem is always trying to make yummy stuff that's healthy.
  • harte19
    harte19 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 20 turning 21 in September. With the freedom of drinking to come and entering culinary school I'm worried about becoming out of shape.

If anyone wants any help with cooking healthfully I know a little about making healthful meals that actually taste good. College is a make or break time for developing good habits that stick with you, so I'll be looking to you guys for inspiration!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Jessica! 20 years old, and starting an all Paleo diet and exercise routine! I LOVE to cook and would be willing to help you any way possible!

My fiance is a great cook too, so if I can't help I'm sure he can!
  • rberry313
    rberry313 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 20, fairly new, and looking to lose around 20 pounds also. Since I'm only 5'1, every pound seems to count! At first, I wasn't very good with coming up with healthy meals, but I found a lot of cool recipes on allrecipes.com and you can just type in for example: lunches under 300 calories or whatever you're looking, include how many servings/portions you want to cook, and the website will give you the correct measurements for all of the ingredients. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • erins89
    erins89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 22, everyone feel free to add me!
  • ohhmygrace
    Options
    it's always good to have support :) i'm 21 in a little more than a week! I am a HUGE foodie, but I've been seriously trying to eat as much raw fruit and veggies as possible x
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    24... Feel free to add me! :wink:
  • amandaaa2010
    amandaaa2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, everyone feel free to add me! :smile:
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm far from 20 but I learned to cook long before 20. Here's my best hint about cooking: just do it! Try. Throw it away if it's bad. Don't be so afraid to cook you never try. I'd watch a few episodes of Food Network like Barefoot Contessa (I've got all her cookbooks!) also Paula Dean's unhealthy recipes on her shows can show you some basic cooking techniques. But in the end you can't learn if you don't try so just do it! Look for simple recipes that only require 1 pot and 4-5 ingredients not including seasonings. Don't do super complex things starting out.

Good luck. Learning to cook may just help you snag that next special someone.
  • Atech007
    Atech007 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    23 years old. Feel free to add me :)
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 22 and I generally eat pretty clean. Feel free to add me for support if you'd like!
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 22 and I really enjoy cooking, and learning how to cook my favorite foods in a new healthier way. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    hihihi feel free to add me, i'm 23.
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    Hey! 25 here! Also not the best cook, I'm not bad just don't like the time and cleaning that goes with it! lol The microwave is my best friend, which I'm sure is not the best thing, so I'm trying to learn to cook more too.... I search online for lots of recipes, I've found that pinterest is really helpful, hungry-girl.com, skinnytaste.com, etc... Be careful with pinterest, there's lots of unhealthy things on there to tempt you, and then there's lots on there that claim to be "healthy". But you can do this... Good luck!!! Feel free to add me =)
  • ellebees_
    ellebees_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The stars have aligned, because I'm in my mid-twenties and I love to cook and bake and all that jazz. Shooting a FR your way!
  • Miina24
    Miina24 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23 and new here too. I love to cook but unfortunately everything I used to cook wasn't exactly healthy- pasta's, curries etc and it has gotten me into big trouble! So now that I decided to lose some weight I have been using MFP to count everything I eat: I had no idea how many calories and how bad the food I ate really was. My main goal at the moment is to keep everything simple and healthy. So basically grilled chicken with spices like Moroccan seasoning, loads of vegies, salads, beans, tuna and eggs. Have a look for the 'steam' bags of frozen vegies at your supermarket (individually bagged veggies you just put in your microwave for a few minutes) . I LOVE them because I don't have to bother getting my pot or steamer out. Once I get more into eating healthy I will try some more 'advance' recipes or find healthy alternatives to my old recipes. So, maybe try and keep it simple for now and feel free to add me, maybe we can swap some tips! :)
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    20 :-) Here to help motivate others on there journey, feel free to add!