How often should I take my measurements?

Options
Everyone says I shouldn't trust the scale...I'm new to taking my measurements...how often should I take them?

Thanks. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm going for once a month. I'm actually more excited to look at those than I am my scale...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends every 2 weeks so that's what I do. Tomorrow is my weigh in/measuring day. :)
  • mrsjarvis11
    mrsjarvis11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's really how often you wish to do it. I however don't think doing it daily will be very productive because it takes time to lose an inch/inches. I weigh myself weekly and I am going to add measurements. Some may say this is too often but it's what I choose.
    You just have to find what you think is a good fit.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I do it once a month. (: I weigh myself weekly and on the 5th of every month (I began my journey on the 5th of May, so it's been the 5th ever since) I calculate my body fat %, my BMI (a lot of people say not to depend on it but I track it anyways) and I take all of my measurements.

:flowerforyou:
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was terrible about taking measurements. I did weigh and take photos weekly. I would say every 10 lbs, take your measurements too??
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I say every month! I know MFP recommends every 2 weeks, but you have to lose a fair amount of fat to see visible results every 2 weeks (think about weight loss being spread out over your entire body....you'll see pretty small changes in measurement from week to week).

Also, take progress pictures once a month! I find thats where I see the MOST results! Reduction in fat/cellulite and increase in muscle/definition. Going through my progress pictures from month to month REALLY gives me motivation to continuing doing what I'm doing for another month! Another month = more progress + that much closer to goal!

Good luck!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but usually enter it in MFP on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I take and record my measurements once a month.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Both for the answer and the responding. :smile:
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I take my measurements once a week, along with my weight and percentage body fat. I track my kilometers run and calories burned each week as well. They rarely all go down at the same time, but something always does. I track it all on a spreadsheet that looks like this...
    7754408338_c473fa0c8e.jpg
  • JillSara
    JillSara Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with many people on here, I take my measurements once a month but weigh myself daily despite being told not to weigh everyday. Sometimes I get plateaus where the scale doesn't move for a few weeks but it is still reassuring when I take my measurements and see a loss still.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i usually do once a month to give myself enough time to make a significant change, sometimes every 2 week if i know i worked myself harder than usual. also i weigh myself every morning as a motivator to eat well that day.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do mine on the first of every month