How do you drink 8 glasses of water a day??

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have a 18 ounce bottle. I just keep refilling it throughout the day. Sometimes I add lemon, or the new crystal light with stevia. I try to drink one 18 ounce bottle before I start the day.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Measure the glass you are using. You might surprise yourself just how much water you are drinking. :)
    This too ^
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I freeze 4 bottles of water, pack with you and set next to you in car, computer, working in kitchen, exercise. sip sip sip. As it melts.The rest will be in form of skim milk, sugar free Slurpies, cofee, cryst
    Al light, tea, sugar free gator aide, etc . Foods like lettuce, cucumbers, melons, etc have lots of water too.
  • rottiegirl22
    rottiegirl22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Since dropping soda I don't have to use the restroom NEAR as often. And I don't feel bloated like I used to. Sometimes on a weekend I still mindlessly grab a diet soda instead of water, and it hurts. I will never go back.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Rmmber, 64 ounces is only a recommendation. Try to drink as much as you can, but don't sweat it too much if you don't consume it all.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Keep water with you and sip, sip, sip. I drink a gallon to a gallon and a half a day. I'm trying to work my way up to two gallons. It will take time and the first few days you will feel bloated but your body will adjust. Keep with it!!
  • cthon98
    cthon98 Posts: 19
    Options
    In order to drink 8 glasses of water a day, I would have to pace myself a bit and sip the water longer, and go thirsty at times, to only drink 8 glasses. I don't think I would like it.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I love how some people here are bragging about their water consumption when the guy was asking for suggestions and help. Way to be supportive. Not.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight, then drinking the water is good if it makes you full...drink up!
    Otherwise, 8 cups is not really necessary, it's an obsolete and arbitrary figure that was thrown about in the past. We get about a third of out fluid requirements from what we eat, so try eating more water based foods>>>Veggies and Fruit. Try not to drink less than 32 oz per day in REAL H2O...not flavored/colored... Just Water, this is a better marker. When you start wanting more then GO For It.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I chug it. :) One bottle(16oz) at a time. 3 before lunch, 1-2 with lunch, 3 before dinner, 1-2 with dinner, 1 after dinner. That is my goal but i dont always hit it
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Get glass, open fridge, get water jug, pour in glass, drink, repeat x 8.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    you get used to it! I just keep water near me at all times and drink absentmindedly haha.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i drink at least 120 oz a day. i have my stainless steel insulated water bottle and i keep it with me at all times. i'm perpetually thirsty though. i always have been. they tested me for diabetes when i was 15 because i drank so much. lots of ice and the occasional lemon or lime wedge, cucumber slice and OCCASIONALLY a little Mio or Crystal Light keep it interesting. also, my morning water i now do with 2 T cider vinegar and 1 T agave. not the best tasting stuff in the world, but it helps with bloat.

don't forget, they've also change the recommendations on fluid intake to say that most fluids count (i.e. black coffee, juice, etc.). beverages that dehydrate do not (colas, alcohols, etc). so if you drink a coffee, let that count. good luck!
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I used to not drink any kind of water at all....now...I drink anywhere from 5-6 bottles (16 fluid oz each) a day. It's now like breathing to me....it cleanses your system!!!
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking a lot of liquids as well. I just have to force myself to do it. Sucks because I am constantly running to the bathroom.
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    I have a hard time achieving it :(
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i drink about a gallon a day. whenever i get hungry i chug some water, to make sure i wasnt just thirsty. I had to force myself to drink water, but now its a habit. its easier to build up to it.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    A glass here and there and there some more and down the hatch they go.

I drink 10-20 glasses a day, plus milk, plus coffee, plus sports drinks. Holy crap I take in like 200oz a day in liquids O_o
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love how some people here are bragging about their water consumption when the guy was asking for suggestions and help. Way to be supportive. Not.

way to criticize people and not give advice.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Fill glass or water bottle, chill, drink....repeat 8 or 11 more times.

You're welcome.