First time posting, looking for support buddies :D

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal on and off for a couple of months now, but have decided to become a more active user.

Last month I made a serious effort to weigh my food so I could measure my calories more accurately, I also purchased a heart rate monitor for the same purpose. I noticed quite a difference in the weeks that followed. Unfortunately with school finals I got off track...(Just weighed myself and gained 5lbs back)

Its been a week since my summer "officially" (no school) started and I have decided that since I have a good month and a half before I have to return to school its a GREAT time to wipe the slate clean and finally focus on my weight loss goals so that I can start to develop habits that I can continue to use even when I return to school (weighing food, counting calories consumed and burnt).

I'm a guy currently 21, 5'11" and 211lb. My goal is to drop down to 185lb. Once I reach 185lb I'll see where I'll take it from there. It's all part of my life goal of being a buff-nerd! :wink:

Feel free to add me! :happy:

Replies

• jdizl9
    jdizl9 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey man I'm in a pretty similar boat, I'm 24, 6'0 about 235 lbs. Obviously just getting started with this site, looking for some support buddies also. Feel free to add!
  • debmac2563
    debmac2563 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too same as you guys, need to lose at least 10 kg to be comfortable, Im only 155cm and 74kg, 15 would be great but will settle for 10 as a shot term goal!

Friends would be good for motivation, happy to be added if anyone is interested
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using mfb for a couple of months and I love being able to see the progress I've made at a glance! You can do it! I used to think that there was no way that I was going to loose all of the weight that I've lost but now... well I'm 32 lbs down and 83 left to go!

We can do this!
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to join the group "4 week focus" if you would like support with your own goals and to support others over the next month.
    Kate