HG's yummilicious veggie burger wrap

Options
pauladavies86
pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
This recipe is from the Hungry Girl cookbook (p. 80 for those of you who have it!). I made it today and it is SOOOOO good! Really filling and so low in calories! I officially :heart: veggie burgers now! :tongue:

1 med. low-fat flour tortilla
1 veggie burger patty (veggie-based rather than the imitation-meat kind)
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
3 tbsp chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp chopped onion
optional condiments: ketchup, mustard, fat-free mayo, salsa

-Microwave tortilla until slightly warm. Lay the tortilla out and spread cheese wedge evenly on top of it.
-In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the veggie patty over med. heat. (Refer to package for exact cooking time.) Once patty is half-cooked, remove it from the pan and chop into bit-sized pieces.
-Place the onions and patty pieces in the pan and continue cooking for 1 minute. The add mushrooms, stir, and cook for 2 additional min. or until veggies are fully cooked.
-Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly. Evenly spoon mixture into the center of the cheese-covered tortilla. If desired, top with guilt-free condiments.
-Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll it up. Place on microwave-safe plate, seam-side down, and heat for 30 seconds.

makes 1 serving.

253 calories
6.5g fat
941mg sodium
35g carbs
13g fiber
4g sugars
18g protein

Replies

• pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This recipe is from the Hungry Girl cookbook (p. 80 for those of you who have it!). I made it today and it is SOOOOO good! Really filling and so low in calories! I officially :heart: veggie burgers now! :tongue:

1 med. low-fat flour tortilla
    1 veggie burger patty (veggie-based rather than the imitation-meat kind)
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
    3 tbsp chopped mushrooms
    1 tbsp chopped onion
    optional condiments: ketchup, mustard, fat-free mayo, salsa

-Microwave tortilla until slightly warm. Lay the tortilla out and spread cheese wedge evenly on top of it.
    -In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the veggie patty over med. heat. (Refer to package for exact cooking time.) Once patty is half-cooked, remove it from the pan and chop into bit-sized pieces.
    -Place the onions and patty pieces in the pan and continue cooking for 1 minute. The add mushrooms, stir, and cook for 2 additional min. or until veggies are fully cooked.
    -Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly. Evenly spoon mixture into the center of the cheese-covered tortilla. If desired, top with guilt-free condiments.
    -Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll it up. Place on microwave-safe plate, seam-side down, and heat for 30 seconds.

makes 1 serving.

253 calories
    6.5g fat
    941mg sodium
    35g carbs
    13g fiber
    4g sugars
    18g protein