Always low on protein

Options
MoonIite
MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
My protein intake ranges from 60-80g, sometimes more but those days are rare . I want to eat the ideal amount that MFP calculated for me which is 118g. I am already eating 1600 calories a day and still coming up short on protein. I want to add a protein shake into my diet to make up for the lack of protein in my meals. However, I'm not sure where to start and am hoping that someone can help me out. Anyone have recommendations for protein shake brands in Canada (toronto)?

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My diary is public if you want ideas for meals that are high in protein.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'll take a look at your diary. Thanks! I see you eat protein cupcakes. Is that something you buy from the store or make at home? If it's the latter, can you post the recipe for it?

Also, still interested in recommendations for protein shake brands ( mainly for backup on days I don't reach my goal)
  • hparker2
    hparker2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Most protein shake brands are pretty good, currently I alternate between shakeology and designer whey (vanilla). I also recently heard of adding cottage cheese to protein shakes, which actually makes it like a milkshake. The cottage cheese alone adds another 15 g of protein to the shake, on top of the 20 or so in the protein powder.