How did you pick your career?

Options
13»

Replies

• LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    LOTS of dr's and nurse's (even a phlebotomist) in the family but I'm the only one in Pharmacy. Love taking care of people and helping but there's no way I'd get paid enough to wipe a stranger's bottom, lol
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    I decided as a lil girl that I want to be Massage Therapist. My mom was a single mom putting herself through school and worked 2 jobs. She would come home exhausted and sore and I would rub her back and feet. I just had a touch even then. I LOVE what I do and helping other people. Now if I can just figure out how to do it to myself I'd be a happy woman. Lol
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fell into it, being poorly educated I had to make the best out of whatever situation I found myself in. In my late 20's, I found myself as a security guard at a hospital. Then I took a little more training and found myself as a security officer at diamond mines. Then one day the warden called me from the correctional center and asked if I would like to work for them. The rest is history, 11 years in and doing well, making a pretty decent living.
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Painting picked me. I tried so many other things in college and in life because I knew being an artist leads pretty much nowhere, but art is my only natural talent so I gave in eventually.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It picked me.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Family full of medical professionals.... kind of expected :bigsmile:
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    God slapped me in the face with it!! The clouds opened up and this thundering voice resonates throughout the surrounding mountains and states, " Yoooou are too stupid to hold a desk job but you are built like a weak man and can hold your breath for ages...you will be a rescue diiiiver" (all of this is in a deep godly voice) and I felt like peeing my wet suit and said "yea God? Ya really think so??" to which he replied "Uuuhhhh yea?? I am the creator!!....dumbass"

Lol. Loved this one and you for what you do! :laugh: