Forgive me, MFP, for I have sinned!

Options
My first day was a catastrophe, the next two were fine. Yesterday and today were awful. Did anyone else go through a first week like this? I really want to change and my goal tomorrow is to burn 1,000 calories with DDR (not too hard for me since I love it).

I just can't shake the feeling that I'm a failure. My only shining hope is that my pants actually fit me better today!

Replies

• jiminoregon
    jiminoregon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My first day was a catastrophe, the next two were fine. Yesterday and today were awful. Did anyone else go through a first week like this? I really want to change and my goal tomorrow is to burn 1,000 calories with DDR (not too hard for me since I love it).

I just can't shake the feeling that I'm a failure. My only shining hope is that my pants actually fit me better today!

Your sins are forgiven my child. Go and sin no more! :wink:
  • PEREZFAMILY4296
    Options
    I know how you feel, when I first started I had 2 great days the third someone sent me a basket of Mrs. Beasly's cookies. OMG I ate so many of them, shhhh no one knows I gave the basket to a neighbor before I can do anymore damage. That day was awful, the next day I exercised and I am back on track. Don't worry just start fresh tomorrow and remember how you felt today so you do not cheat again.

Someone told me whenever I want something bad think- "Nothing tastes as good as skinny.."

Also if you want to eat something come to this site and log whatever your craving and most likely you'll realize how bad it is for you and you won't want it anymore..

Good Luck!
  • alanmcghee
    Options
    a little of what you like dos not hurt just rember you should not be on a diet to cut out all the things you like you should be looking to change the way you eat and what you eat
    if you cut out all the good stuff you will break your diet realy quick and be back to eating junk food every day trust me i know on my last diet i lost 4 stone but because i just cut out all the good stuff i was soon eating junk food a gain on a regular basis and im back at my starting wieght and a wee bit more
  • proudloser
    Options
    To me it sounds as though you might be pushing yourself too much. Baby steps is the best way to go in my opinion and it'll leave less space for you to beat yourself up. The way you have been going about things may be great for somone else...but may take a month or so to be great for you! That's how I failed so many times in the past. I wanted my goal to come as quick as possible and figured out what I had to do to get there quick but it was too hard for me and I always slipped up and then caved in all the way. Make more short term goals than long term goals and it may become more rewarding! But...that's just my thoughts on things :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Say ten hail MFPs, and go easy on yourself. We all have our ups and downs, believe me!
  • mcwatsonus
    Options
    :smile: Don't quit you can do this!