Obsessed with myfitnesspal :)

Options
... in a good way of course!

Downloaded this for the iPhone on Monday and have already lost 4 lbs! I've kept my calorie intake under 1200 every day and worked out 5 of the past 6 days - 30-45 mins on the tredmill, rotating between walking and running, drinking lots of water (I HATE water, addicted to diet coke!)

So far so good! Anyone have any tips for a newbie? :)

- Cate

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Welcome - Great to have you here. I started on the site in June and I'm still obsessed - It is a good thing, stay committed to it and you will reach your goals. Look around and find a group with common interests to become involved with, the daily support is so beneficial. All the best on your journey.

Jenn
  • rajekred
    Options
    I'm right with you girls. I started Monday as well and have been really good with eating and excersizing. Haven't lost anything yet, but I feel great. It makes you think before you eat. I like that I can even log on at work and record what I eat there to help me plan ahead a little on my work outs.

Well good luck girls!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Lana417-3604-full.gif
    excellent..........
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've been with MFP over a year and a half, and I'M still obsessed with it too! :love: :bigsmile:
    It REALLY, REALLY DOES work, so, stick with it, and you WILL lose all the weight that you want to! :wink: :smile:
    My biggest tip would be to log everything BEFORE you have it, rather than after. I sometimes even log 3 and 4 days in advance. I not only love the feeling of total control over my eating, I also know if I'll need to get in extra exercising to "up" my numbers. :wink:
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    Thanks BrenNew!

That is some great advice and it's SUPER to see your results from your hard work! I have been trying to log in my meals the night before, but doing it even a few days before would be great too! I will have to try that next week! I am so excited to look and feel healthy!!
  • ginaluck
    Options
    the entire staff is hooked, we have pasted the shortcut on the company homepage! this takes writing it down to a whole new level. my friend terri says she won't have a cookie because she would have to record it and the all the staff would know! many thanx to l. stephenson for getting us hooked
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks BrenNew!

That is some great advice and it's SUPER to see your results from your hard work! I have been trying to log in my meals the night before, but doing it even a few days before would be great too! I will have to try that next week! I am so excited to look and feel healthy!!

You're very welcome! :smile:
    I don't blame you for being excited. You really HAVE come to the place that WILL help you lose the weight that you want to, AND, it really won't even be THAT bad doing it! :happy:
    When I first came, I set my goal fairly high, cuz I sure as heck NEVER figured I'd reach it! :noway: Then I started losing, and losing, and it dawned on me that maybe I actually COULD lose the weight that I wanted to! :drinker: So I lowered my goal, and, sure enough, 8 months after starting, I reached it! :bigsmile: :happy:
    I work at a school, and when I went in and told the teacher I worked with that I'd reached my goal, she secretly got all the kids in the class to write me congratulation letters! :smile: It was sooooooo neat! :bigsmile:
    This last year, I've just been see-sawing back and forth with the same 5 pounds. Since I LOVE food as much as I do, I imagine it'll be a life long thing, but, as long as I've got MFP, I know I'll be ok! :wink: :happy: I won't EVER go back to when I was depressed and miserable because of the way I looked! :noway:
  • lvinton
    Options
    haha...Gina...seeing what the doritos I ate showed up as makes me never want to eat them again!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MFP, totally addicted! My BFF got me started on it after I lost 40lbs on Weight Watchers and was tired of the points (been doing it off and on forever). LOVE IT!!!! Find a group is my best advice. My BFF told me to join her group, which I did, and we have weight loss challenges, exercise challenges, spend all day chatting away, etc. Lots of fun and it helps keep me accountable. Welcome!!!

By the way, love the work place that is using MFP that would keep me on my toes and eating right!!!
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MFP, totally addicted! My BFF got me started on it after I lost 40lbs on Weight Watchers and was tired of the points (been doing it off and on forever). LOVE IT!!!! Find a group is my best advice. My BFF told me to join her group, which I did, and we have weight loss challenges, exercise challenges, spend all day chatting away, etc. Lots of fun and it helps keep me accountable. Welcome!!!

By the way, love the work place that is using MFP that would keep me on my toes and eating right!!!

Hi! How do I find/join a group? Thanks!

Heather.
  • jennisqueak
    jennisqueak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also new to here, also started on monday and have lost 3 pounds already! I have absolutely no willpower but seeing what you have eaten and how much allowance you have left is really keeping it in check and spurring me on!
    Im really hoping to lose a stone :) x x x
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    ... in a good way of course!

Downloaded this for the iPhone on Monday and have already lost 4 lbs! I've kept my calorie intake under 1200 every day and worked out 5 of the past 6 days - 30-45 mins on the tredmill, rotating between walking and running, drinking lots of water (I HATE water, addicted to diet coke!)

So far so good! Anyone have any tips for a newbie? :)

- Cate

Keep up the good work. :)
  • KISS
    KISS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I joined up yesterday and am absolutely thrilled with this site! I just got the iphone app so i can update my food diary where ever i am. I wish you all luck in your weighloss goals. xx
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just started up again on this site January. I've only lost 2 pounds so far but It is making me more committed by logging in exercise and food. I am proud of myself this morning because I didn't not have alcohol this weekend. That is my downfall. I will be good all week long and lose a couple of pounds only to drink too much on Friday and Saturday night and gain it back. I think I've lost the same 2 pounds a million times. Weigh in tomorrow so I will see if my denial of alcohol has helped.

I also recommitted to exercise. Gym next to my office offered free classes at noon of zumba, yoga,pilates,belly dancing, strong bone building so you could see what you like. Zumba, pilates, strong bone building and belly dancing here I come!!!

I have a hard time getting to my 1200 calorie goal. I am always around 1000. I am only 5 feet tall and have a small frame and don't each much -just eating the wrong things. So I am obsessed with that feature. I love when it tells me "if you eat like this every day you will weight 137 pounds in 5 weeks. I have 30 pounds to lose. I lost it 5 years ago on Herbal Magic and slowly gained it all back. It is harder now that I am older. Good luck to all the newbies.

susan

susan
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't say "only 2 pounds". 2 pounds is good!

An obsession it is! At least the last part of the definition in Webster's - it is not a bad obsession, just a compelling motivation!

1 : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation <an obsession with profits>
    2 : something that causes an obsession

I really enjoy the posts and support. Just had to go look up the definition...

My boyfriend teases me about being addicted!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Hi! How do I find/join a group? Thanks!

Heather.

If you look in the General Diet/Weight Loss Help section under the community tab (where this post probably was) you will notices some topics that say "groups" or ones that keep moving to the top with tons of responses. Just pop in and say HI, can I join your group? I would read some of the discussion they are having to see if you thin you would click. I'm part of "A New Me Group" and those girls are funny. They offer support in everything, not just weight loss.
    Best luck and have fun!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I am excited. 10 days on this program and I am down 4 pounds on my scales. I have a weight watcher's scale and it show parts of ponds so it may only show 3 on my ticker. Lasted the whole weekend without drinking alcohol.

Exercised every day and was under my calorie count every day (some days by a lot). Yesterday I was the closest to making the calorie count and lost the most. So I guess you really do have to eat all you are supposed to eat. Less is not more here.
  • nwilds87
    Options
    I like water but sometimes it just isn't enough have you tried the water flavor packs from crystal light or something like that, my favorite is the pink lemonade.
  • marloandrob
    Options
    i just joined too! and always set at 1200..pretty much doing the same routine as you! good luck..hey do you know how to move your profile thumbnail? as you can see it won't show my face..LOL