best tasting "healthy" peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like "Better N Peanut butter" 100 calories for 2 Tbsp with 2 grams of fat! this the real deal
    I found it orginally at Trader Joe's in Seattle...found locally at Target in Clearwater Florida
    also you can find it online. It's a little pricey at around $5.70 per jar...but well worth it!

Another person local to Clearwater! haha we clearly love peanut butter around here.

I had a wrap this morning! PB2, a banana, and Ole wraps (from Sams on G2B that are like 68 calories and REALLY high in fiber). It is the absolute best on the way to work. Its unreal seeing people from my area! I actually just moved from PPark. Sawgrass Village and 49th/70th lol. Shenanigans! :-P
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is better :)

But for PB... Teddie brand is all natural!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like crazy richards.
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    PB2 is really good - I was a skeptic but it has won me over :)
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee Peanut Butter with Flax

http://naturallynutty.com/

They have so many delicious flavors of peanut and almond butters! YUM YUM YUM!

OK, you just cost me $40 for two of the three-jar sampler packs. I hope you feel suitably guilty.

OMG this stuff looks good.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is look at the ingredient label. Find something that is just peanuts, and usually they have oil too.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    I eat Teddie brand peanut butter (only peanuts and salt) or almond butter. Look for brands that only have actual whole-food ingredients. It won't be as sweet as, say, Jif, but it's pretty good!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Almond Butter is the best! Especially fresh ground from the machine at the grocery store. No need to mix.
    Also Almonds are better for you than Peanuts, which are not truly nuts and carry a deadly mold called Aspergillus flavus.
    That produces produces a carcinogenic substance called aflatoxin and causes most "Peanut Allergies".
    This! ^^^ I don't know about the mold (first heard for me), but I think fresh-ground tastes best regardless of what nut you use, and I LOVE the taste and texture of Almond butter. The only thing we use peanut butter for in our house is peanut butter cookies (and I sometimes use PB2 in a protein smoothie).
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I like adams

Amen-if you can find it.

I can't get it here on the east cost-at least every store I've been to doesn't have it. My favorite is Adam's no stir crunchy peanut butter. SOOOOOOO GOOOD
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Anything that contains only peanuts and perhaps salt. Peanut butter is inherently "healthy", it's a good source of protein and fat. But healthy doesn't mean low-calorie, so it's one of the foods that you just can't regularly overeat. Have you tried almond butter?? The texture might be strange at first but I really enjoy it and prefer the taste to peanut butter.
  • gkent2012
    Options
    I like Teddie Smooth Old Fashioned Peanut Butter. It is peanuts & salt. When you first open it you need to stir the separated oil and peanut really well before you can use it. I use a butter knife. Then you store it in the refrigerator and it won't separate while kept cold. enjoy!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Where do you guys buy PB2 at? Amazon? I've been wanting to try it out.
    They have it at HEB here, but it's not in the PB section, it's in the bulk-foods/health-foods section.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You can make your own peanut butter if you have a food processor or anything similar. Same goes for any nut butters. For 8 oz. of roasted, unsalted nut, you add 1 (or 2 if you like it sweet) tablespoon of honey. You grind the mixture in the processor until it's creamy. You may add a tablespoon of oil of your choice and a pinch of salt if you want but neither are necessary and depends on your palate.

Yes, do this! You can use honey roasted, dry roasted, unsalted or whatever you want. You can add cinnamon or honey...again whatever you want! You control what goes in it, peanut butter isn't supposed to have all that sugar and oil in it when all that is REALLY needed is the nuts :) tasted a lot better as well.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I like "Better N Peanut butter" 100 calories for 2 Tbsp with 2 grams of fat! this the real deal
    I found it orginally at Trader Joe's in Seattle...found locally at Target in Clearwater Florida
    also you can find it online. It's a little pricey at around $5.70 per jar...but well worth it!

Another person local to Clearwater! haha we clearly love peanut butter around here.

I had a wrap this morning! PB2, a banana, and Ole wraps (from Sams on G2B that are like 68 calories and REALLY high in fiber). It is the absolute best on the way to work. Its unreal seeing people from my area! I actually just moved from PPark. Sawgrass Village and 49th/70th lol. Shenanigans! :-P

Ahhhh I love those wraps! I actually have some at home.. I might actually try that. I never thought of using them in breakfast! My sister used to live right over there, haha. I'm near the ppark police station, harlies, the new racetrac, etc. :P

I'm going to add you if you don't mind!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Smuckers Natural Crunchy. Ingredient list is peanuts, salt. I love the stuff.
  • wisegirl_k
    wisegirl_k Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Smuckers Natural Crunchy. Ingredient list is peanuts, salt. I love the stuff.

I agree. Except I prefer the creamy. It's a pain in the butt to stir up the oil the first go around, but this is by far my favorite peanut butter... especially with a nice crisp apple... mmmmmm
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I like Trader Joe's creamy peanut butter. Only contains peanuts and salt and it tastes good. Stir it well once when you first open it and refrigerate it. Stays good and to me it has a great flavor.

I also like PB2 in smoothies, some recipes, and oatmeal. For sandwiches I need the natural peanut butter spread.
  • bethany169
    Options
    You can also just make your own - throw a bunch of peanuts in the food processor and let it go until they're peanut butter :) I sometimes add just a couple drops of peanut oil to make it a little creamier but you don't have to. Even mu husband likes it, and he is a very picky eater :)
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    my kids go crazy over "my" peanut butter and so do the kids at school.. they are always trying to trade. I mix i regular size jar of skippy "natural" (has less sugar) and one large jar of Smuckers All Natual. Pour out all the oil of the smuckers (usually adds up to about 600 calories of pure fat) Remove them from the jar and beat with a hand mixer. Just enough sugar from the skippy, and a super peanut butter flavor from the all natural. i am not a peanut butter fan and even i end up licking the spoon.