Starting P90X today... any takers?!

Options
I'm starting 12 weeks of P90x, and would love to form a group with anyone who is interested in the challenge as well. I'm pretty new to this so any help is appreciated!!

Replies

• Beavvv
    Beavvv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Any tips or recommendations from people who've already done it would be appreciated :bigsmile:
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi Beavvv-

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    What do you guys have for equipment? I just ordered the DVDs and I'm going to buy a pull up bar for the door but I'm trying to figure out what I'll need for weights.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am gonna start p90x today and do running on cardio days. Its good to have someone else doing it as well. Which program are u leaning towards. I am gonna do the classic.
    Good luck you can do it.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I strongly reccomend the pull up bar. I don't have a place for it in my house now, and doing the back exercises with the bands, just isn't the same.
  • JDMRoma
    JDMRoma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im in my second week of round 2 !! Adding Insanity for cardio....so P90X 3 days and Insanity 3 day !! I actually went into Hybrid mode on phase 3 of my first round.....Intense is all I can say !!
    Lost 30 pounds so far.......work in progress !
  • jess7386
    Options
    I actually don't have the pull-up bar yet, so I will be using the bands for right now.... do you guys who have done it think the pull up bar is essential? I'm worried about ruining my moldings!

In terms of weights I have adjustable ones that go from 5-25 lbs.
  • dmichele37
    Options
    I was thinking about starting it today, after reading others are starting I think I will go ahead and start it.. thanks !!!!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You're on your own. I tried it for about 2 weeks before I died. (=
  • jess7386
    Options
    I am gonna start p90x today and do running on cardio days. Its good to have someone else doing it as well. Which program are u leaning towards. I am gonna do the classic.
    Good luck you can do it.

I'm doing the classic as well... although I am hoping to mix some running in probably 2 mornings a week. I'd like to do the couch to 5k program as well but I don't want to totally overwhelm myself either....
  • amusgrave
    Options
    Im starting insanity today add me if anyone has tips or is also starting today
  • jess7386
    Options
    I'm relatively new to MFP... is there any way to turn this into a group? Can anyone help with that?
  • starnca
    starnca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Completed P90X and you can plan to be in pain every day for 3 months! I never used the pull up bar but my husband did. Do it with someone if you can because you will have many days where you just don't want to do the workout. You'll love some and hate others. Keep at it though~ you'll be glad you did! I used the rubber bands in the doorjam and used weights of 5-20 lb increments. The beauty of those workouts is that you can do them at any level. You'll work up to the heavier weights and the stronger push ups. But stay patient! No real equipment is necessary other than floor space, a good mat and some light weights. Good luck!
  • jess7386
    Options
    Thanks, starnca - How were your results?
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have completed P90X Twice. My wife lost 37lbs and has a big biceps to back it up! lol She used dumbells from 5lbs-20lbs. She also used the pullup bar. Make sure you drink a recovery drink. It really helps the sore muscles. Don't over do it the first week. I also suggest watching each workout before you start. This will help you get the correct form and tips. Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Also EAT good calories. Follow the nutritional book. You're going to need the extra calories!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did it earlier this year and I really need to start again. Hmmmm.....
  • cyndyloo2
    cyndyloo2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jpezzone...I've done.p90x before. 1 full cycle then life got busy. I planned to start again today and I had the MFP app downloDed bit never signed up until today when my sis said she used it. Would love to start a group. I'm new to MFP. I will check into how to add you.
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started P90X last friday 8/10. I'd love to have a wider suport group!
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What do you guys have for equipment? I just ordered the DVDs and I'm going to buy a pull up bar for the door but I'm trying to figure out what I'll need for weights.
    Stop by a local sporting goods store, Walmart or Target, and pick up a few weights. Just see how much you can curl or press over your head a few times. At first you really want to focus on getting the technique right and not injuring yourself or over-doing it. Depending on how strong you are maybe a couple 5lbs, 10lbs, or 15lbs. I also suggest watching each workout before you start. Good luck!
  • elevenbee
    elevenbee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my 2nd round of P90X... in a week, gonna need some motivation for sure.

feel free to add me, anyone that won't mind being pushed and giving the occasional nudge.