Struggling to log food at the weekends!

Options
Does anyone else have this problem? I find that most of the week I am great at logging, as I am sat at my computer most of the day, so never forget. But come Friday/Saturday/Sunday, I never remember! And I have no excuse, as I have the app on my iphone! Just wondering if anyone else finds they dont log as much at the weekend as they do in the week!?

Replies

• cnmbrenda
    cnmbrenda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have the App on your smart phone? maybe that will help you on the weekends?
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yes happens to me all the time. What I have tried to do is log on the first thing in the morning and plan my meals out so that even if I forget to log its in there. The problem is sticking to what I have logged.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    for me it's become an instant habit to go straight towards my phone as i'm putting something in my mouth. i rarely get on the website anymore, i usually just use the app, so it makes it a constant thing that i'm doing.
  • AEH73
    AEH73 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes that's me! I had a great week of logging all week even on Friday and then blew it Sat and Sun... Now I have officially NOT lost a pound all week. Had I been logging and exercising Sat and Sun I'm just sure I would have be able to report a weight loss today. Pretty disappointing.
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I definately struggle to log in on the weekends. Time for a new computer at home (mine is outdated and needs to be wiped out and reloaded) and no smart phone yet, so it's not convenient for me. I just try to keep track of it as best I can.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!! I struggle with that all the time.... I've found that if I plan my weekend - including food - Then i can "pre-log" it... jump ahead and log what I'm going to eat. But rarely happens... we have such random weekends sometimes that I have no idea what or where we will be.... Just try to keep it in check and log if you remember. You could try to set a reminder or "meeting" on your phone to go off Saturday AM so that will kick start you into logging for that day. Just a thought.... :flowerforyou:
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Put a giant sign on the refrigerator, cupboards, bathroom mirror, car, etc. to remind you until it becomes a habit.
  • skinnyminni1985
    Options
    I knew I couldnt be the only one! I have the app on my iphone, and its not even that I eat badly and so dont want to log, I just dont seem to be as organised at the weekends as I am in the week!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I try to log it with using my iphone as soon as i eat or excersize but for some reason i seem to procrastinate on the weekends then i end up trying to remember what I did.
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't have an issue with not logging.... The way I see it.. I can't lie to my body... If I didn't log it... I'd only be fooling myself... Same goes for under logging what I ate or over logging my cardio...

Hope this helps!

Stay after it!!!!!
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    I can totally relate. I don't have a smartphone so it's even a little more difficult. I'm good on weekends if we're not out and about a lot but this past weekend we had soccer and dinner with friends. I've yet to log in yesterday's food! Going to do it right now. Even if I don't get to log I still try to hold myself accountable and think before I eat. Good luck! :smile:
  • skinnyminni1985
    Options
    I try to log it with using my iphone as soon as i eat or excersize but for some reason i seem to procrastinate on the weekends then i end up trying to remember what I did.

This is me! :)
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I try to grab my phone as soon as I eat something on the weekend (if there isn't a computer handy)...I either write a memo for myself to add it here later or I try to log onto the site and just log it right then and there.
  • osusars
    osusars Posts: 21
    Options
    Every. weekend. I am going to try to get better about it since football season is coming up and that could be a really bad thing! I think I am going to try to plan out my food ahead of time and log it to see where I fall. I have the app on my phone too.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I log stuff as soon as I eat it. I will even check calorie content before I eat stuf-helps me make better choices. I'll use my computer or phone.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I used to be really bad about this. I had to start making myself log at least one meal each day on the weekend. This eventually led me to remembering to log all my weekend meals.

Maybe set an evening alarm to remind you to do it no matter where you are.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Big issue for me too! Even when I log, all the foods I am logging are total crappola. I think the weekends are my enemy in general.
  • Heidibug1983
    Options
    I start the day logging in, then never finish it because my self control zeros out by the end of the day!! During the week i am great though! ugh. Weekends are my week points for healthy eating.
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I actually found that not logging on the weekends worked better for me. It allowed me to feel normal and take 2 days to be refreshed on Monday. I don't allow it to be an excuse to completely blow it on the weekends. I still try to eat smart and be an adult about it.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep I do the exact same thing. I have the app also and still don't do it. But Saturdays are the days that I allow myself to eat whatever I want and just watch portion control. Then on Sundays I log all of my calories in my head lol, I stick to the diet just fine I am just to busy to plug it in.

26061944.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter