Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than ........

Options

Replies

• reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Thanks, sis. I was always thin growing up, but have 2 sisters and the nickname, "Ugly Girl", kinda sucked. It's funny how if you hear something enough you'll believe it, even if it's not true. Good on you for figuring it out.

One day I hope to have your confidence. :)
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    you are beautiful inside and out!! youve come so far, great job! :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful!! That was a wonderful post that truly inspired me. I tell myself i am beautiful every day since i started my journey. You know what.....i believe it! I feel it... It is what I believe that matters not what others perceive of me. So keep up with your journey and keep being a wonderful , beautiful inspiration to others.

One of my favorite quotes is : The definition of Beautiful does not require the word Skinny.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Great post.

I have met women, where at first sight, there is no way I am attracted to them. But, then, I start talking to them, and the more I talk, the more attractive they become to where I start thinking about asking her out on a date. LOL. Confidence, and believing in yourself are so powerful that they trump everything else by a long shot.

Keep up the positive mental self-image.

There is also a theory, if you believe in the Law of Attraction, or it's variants, that as you think, so you will become. If you think and feel thin, you will become it. But, you have to truly believe it all the way down to your soul. And, then it happens.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS!

And I have always been BIG - weighing in at 265 right now, but most of the time always feeling fabulous. It's only until I look at myself in the mirror do I see the PHYSICAL things I am unhappy about....

My fat stomach, rolling over my pants, my thick thighs, my chubby arms.

I truly believe that if we lived in a world without mirrors we would be better off. If I went day to day on how I FELT; my positive attitude, my fabulosity, and my self confidence - I would take over the world. Its only until I see what I look like on the outside and how people perceive me to be, because of my looks - am I self conscious.

But you look amazing :) and great post.
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking control of YOUR life. Almost everyone (except the narcissistic few people) struggle with our self image from time to time....some have greater struggles. Allow me to tell you that you are an attractive woman (I'm allowed to comment, ....my PDFL [Prom Date for Life....aka my wife] says it's OK. You have made great progress and you should be quite proud. Keep your faith in yourself and your goals......and one more thing....believe in your heart that you are beautiful and special. God made just one person in the world like YOU. How SPECIAL is that!?!
  • KenzNDieselsMama
    Options
    Sure would be great to have some of your positivity rub off on ME! I'm such a debbie downer these days. Thx for this post! You DO look great!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!!! Great job on your fantastic accomplishment(s)!!! It is something to be very proud of and take with you to use in your everyday life! Enjoy the continuation of your journey! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    So inspiring!!! You're doing a great job! Thank you for sharing this story! I hope I can one day have the attitude you have!
  • Barb462
    Barb462 Posts: 5
    Options
    First and foremost, you ARE a beautiful woman. And very strong to have gotten through all that has happened to you. Stay strong and beautiful and you will reach your goal, in your mind and body. Great job so far. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm glad you came across this epiphany. I am still figuring this out but I am loving myself more now than I ever had before. You are beautiful! :heart:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have some what of an idea how that feels but not the extent you explained. In any case you are beautiful and I'm glad you have realized that. I'm also happy that you have found a man who loves you for you and who is helping you see that you are beautiful and not just because of what you look like but because of the person you are.
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than her belief that she is beautiful .....

I am 25 years old. Since 3rd grade, I have truly in my heart believed that I was fat and ugly, because that's what other children told me. That I was fat, and when I heard fat, I thought that meant I was ugly too, b/c a "fat" person wasn't considered beautiful.

I lived my entire life hiding myself, and hating myself. At 19, I stopped eating. I was sick of the teasing. I lost 30 pounds and was finally considered "skinny"...

I have never thought of myself as beautiful or sexy, even when I weighed 120 pounds I thought I was disgusting...

At 19, I got married to a man who used my insecurities against me. He called me fat and ugly every single day. I finally had enough, 3 years later I left him, but the feelings never went away..

Then 2 years later, I met a man, who taught me that beauty doesn't have a size. He loved me for me. It helped me accept myself, but I then gained another 30 pounds of "happy weight".

One day I looked in the mirror and realized I was sick and tired of myself, but most importantly, I realized I was sick of HATING MYSELF. I decided to love myself, and that's where this journey started.

Since then, I have lost 32 pounds. I still have 20-25 til my goal, BUT I am happier now at 158 pounds then I EVER was at 120. I choose to love myself, and realize that beauty and sexiness come in all shapes and sizes. I am not going to lie and say I don't struggle, but I am winning the battle of loving myself every day. For ONCE in my life I am proud of myself. I am doing this the healthy way, and I have my amazing fiance' by my side, who has loved me at even my highest weight...

Here is me today. Never in my life would I have ever told anyone my weight, b/c I was so ashamed. I may be "overweight", but I am SO proud of how far I have come. I don't care that I am not a size 2, I am beautiful right now. Although I have a goal of losing more weight, I am still beautiful now..

Here is me today, 5"2, 158 pounds of a girl who has gotten through so much bullying, so much abuse and is here to tell you that you are beautiful too. Don't let anyone ever bring you down!

IMAG0086.jpg

Great post. You are beautiful :)
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I really like your attitude! Weight and its weight on beauty (punirific!) is strictly a superficial cultural and era thing. Had you been living back in Roman times skinny people were considered ugly and lower class since they couldn't afford food, and heavy set people were held in high respect both socially and sexually. It's still that way in some cultures today.

If it wasn't for our big boned ancestors we wouldn't have survived many a cold winters to the point where we came up with central heat. I think any human can be beautiful if they let their inner self out, and it's a shame that our society gives so many false images on what is beautiful, and then those get reinforced and echoed by kids growing up and peers along the way.

As other people have mentioned it really doesn't matter what anybody but yourself thinks. You should only want to lose weight for yourself and yourself alone, to be happy and functional in the one body you're given.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank YOU for being of your own thinking and not falling into what society deems normal and perfect. There should be more people like you!!!

And to the OP, you ARE beautiful, both inside and out. Thank you for sharing your story, we could all learn a little something from you :)
  • applewrm
    applewrm Posts: 15
    Options
    Beautiful and inspirational story. You look fabulous!!! Glad you dumped that first husband and found a good one!!!
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well done! I know your story will affect many on MFP. It affected me because I have felt that way since I was littl (and I am a bit ahem older than you lol). Thanks for sharing!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and you are beautiful.

I have had the same struggles (not from people persay, but internally) and as I have lost the weight and started dating again, I have come along way in my self talk. I still have my days but I know I am beautiful, I know I am worthy, and that is an empowering feeling..

Good luck!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awww Honey you are Beautiful!!!! Awesome post!!! I am on the same journey to self love and its not easy but you just inspired me to keep on pressing on!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Christel36
    Christel36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Such words of wisdom and encouragement! You look great and most importantly you feel great about yourself. You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!