Anyone tried to gain back a little after reaching goal?

Options
fittocycle
fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
I'm curious if anyone out there has reached goal and then decided they were a little too thin. Several people have told me not to lose any more (I wasn't planning on it) and my hubby thinks I'm a little too thin. He is overweight so maybe his perspective is different. It's hard to see yourself accurately!
Anyone gain a little back?

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The question is: do YOU think you're too thin? If you're happy where you're at then stay there; if not adjust accordingly.
  • fittocycle
    Options
    I am happy where I am. I do think my fore arms look a little thin but I can more than make up for it with my legs!:laugh: I think weight training will help with the arms.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I am happy where I am. I do think my fore arms look a little thin but I can more than make up for it with my legs!:laugh: I think weight training will help with the arms.

It sounds like a little weight training to tone will make all the difference. Thin and toned vs just thin makes a difference. Congrats! *high five*
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now. :)

Hit my goal, went way beyond it and now trying to gain back some weight (hopefully in the form of muscle. Doing my best!).

It's surprisingly difficult and super scary but I'm trying. I would suggest you weight train (and eat more, still healthfully!) to gain some weight back in a good way.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've taken up biking and hope to add a little muscular bulk to my thighs. I feel like my upper legs look a bit puny. If that means putting on a few extra pounds, I'm okay with that.
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is a good topic and one that I don't see so much. I'm not there yet but it's interesting reading the view points of the people that are.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump~
    Although I plan on going to 110, I'll most likely reassess at 130 and 120. Maintaining is going to be hard but I'm afraid I'll continue to lose xD
  • bakerct1957
    Options
    I'm 55 years old and 6' 2" tall, I lost 55 pounds I went from 240 to 185 and as low as 180. At times i was a little concerned i was to thin. People always comment on how thin ive become. As long as im with in the heathy weight(bmi) im ok. Its easy gaining it back the challenge is keeping it off.:smile:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but sometimes, the girls here look cuter with a little more weight on them. There's healthy thin, and then there's just too thin.

If you're happy with you, then that's what is most important, however, if you were looking to gain back some weight, it may be in the form of muscle and toning.
  • fittocycle
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one out there re-assessing their goal weight! Thanks so much for taking the time to give me your perspective on this issue.

I used to do weight training but haven't since the spring. Knee surgery and tendonitis in my elbow have sidelined me from it for the summer. Knee is fine now but the tendonitis is still a pain! Once it clears up, I'll go back to lifting weights.:happy:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I thought I wanted to hit 125. (I'm 5'6.5") But by the time I hit 135, I didn't care what the scale said. Its about the inches, and being fit. I dropped down another 4lbs some how. Well being good on my diet and exercise of course, but wasn't really trying that hard. I've pretty much said :P to my scale and am sticking with lifting/running/spinning and eating right. Whatever happens through the rest of the year happens. I'm no longer focused on that little number. It doesn't define me.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I can relate. My husband would like for me to gain back about 10 pounds. I too would like to gain some muscle weight and think that's the way to go if you want to gain weight. :)
  • Zalitharia
    Zalitharia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I want to gain some back, but in the form of muscle. That's been my goal all along though. Get to 125, then work my way back up 5-10 pounds with weight training.

The hardest part I think will be eating more. I want to bump my calories up by about 700-1000 (starting today actually), but after limiting them so long it makes me nervous. Am I training hard enough? Am I just going to gain fat again? I'll know soon enough I guess!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I felt like this a little while ago. It's mostly because my goal weight was around 123 and as I was starting to eat to maintain, my body continued to lose weight so I was a little worried. I'm still trying to maintain and the other day I weighed in at 119. I'm not trying to gain any back necessarily, but I'm trying to keep my weight at 120-121 because I don't want to get any smaller, I know the number on the scale is very vague and pretty irrelevant, but I really don't want to lose anymore. Plus, I like having boobs!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Do YOU want to gain back some of the weight? If so, that's fine. But don't do it because other's think you're too thin. I had people telling me I didn't need to lose weight at my high weight, even though I had a high body fat percentage due to my small frame.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!