pepper spray

Options
moreno89
moreno89 Posts: 210 Member
i'm just curious.... how many of you carry pepper spray while running/walking/jogging/biking.........why?

i was attacked by a bum that's my reason lol it may sound funny but better safe than sorry!!

Replies

• liss125
    liss125 Posts: 77
    Options
    I used to carry pepper spray. Now I run with my dog. I don't know how much safety she actually provides, but I feel safer.
  • liss125
    Options
    By the way, it takes a lot of guts to continue running after being attacked. I tripped and busted my head in the street once, and it took me a few weeks to work up the nerve to run again. I was afraid of assaulting myself :P
  • DPownell2005
    DPownell2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I normally carry pepper spray or take my dogs with me.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I don't carry pepper spray. I imagine that if I felt unsafe while running, I'd run faster.
    -wtk
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was followed by a guy on one of my walks, He didn't do anything but just really freaked me out : / Now I take hubby with me, walk on a main road or just go to the gym.
  • moreno89
    Options
    I used to carry pepper spray. Now I run with my dog. I don't know how much safety she actually provides, but I feel safer.

i wanted to take my dog but my fiance feels thinks i won't be able to handle her if we saw another dog she's a blue nose pitbull
  • moreno89
    Options
    I don't carry pepper spray. I imagine that if I felt unsafe while running, I'd run faster.
    -wtk

yeah but bums can run fast too especially if their on tweak status lol i'd rather just blind them lol
  • moreno89
    Options
    I was followed by a guy on one of my walks, He didn't do anything but just really freaked me out : / Now I take hubby with me, walk on a main road or just go to the gym.

yeah that would probably stp me from running,they could watch you for days until they finally make their move lol
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm getting an FID card this week and getting some, actually =)
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Carry a baton...those metal collapsable ones, they don't weigh a whole lot and with one light tap...they will know who the baddest B on the planet is.
  • liss125
    Options

i wanted to take my dog but my fiance feels thinks i won't be able to handle her if we saw another dog she's a blue nose pitbull

That can be a problem. I have a rottweiler mix. There is a Yorkie that is often wandering loose in my neighborhood and my dog is dying to tear his head off. I don't know how that little dog manages to survive :)
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I carry it when I bike, but it is mostly for dogs. Crazy rednecks around here let their dogs run around loose.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 310 pounds... if someone's close enough to me that I could use pepper spray, I can do a lot more damage with my hands. :laugh:
  • moreno89
    Options
    I weigh about 310 pounds... if someone's close enough to me that I could use pepper spray, I can do a lot more damage with my hands. :laugh:

lol and because you're a man
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

And because you're a woman...all you have to do is smile and bat your eyelashes...more damage than any 300lb man could ever inflict on another being.
  • moreno89
    Options

And because you're a woman...all you have to do is smile and bat your eyelashes...more damage than any 300lb man could ever inflict on another being.

true but i don't think i could have possibly charmed this lady lol she was crazy!!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If I had to carry, it would be a .357. I think OC a .357
    would keep the crazies away.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    If I had to carry, it would be a .357. I think OC a .357
    would keep the crazies away.

.357 beats the hell out of your hands (assuming you're using .357 magnum rounds and not .38 specials). Go with a .45ACP; lower velocity round, nice gentle recoil. :laugh:
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't carry anything with me but I agree with your bf stay a responsible dog owner and do not take your dog out with you unless you are sure you can 100% control him/her if it gets excited. It would be a shame if the city/county took your dog away and put it down because it got free and attacked someone elses pet or worse.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I lived in a much crappier area I carried two custom made aluminum boxed knuckle 'brass' knuckles, light as all hell but if someone did try something dumb I would've destroyed them pretty damn quick