help !! I eat too much proteins in a day !

Options
I don't know if some of you have this problem but in my case I eat way too much calories... i'm pretty good with keeping track of my portions, calories, fat and carbs. But in my food journal I'm alway above my proteins for the day. Is this really bad ? how do you guys to it to respect the amount of proteins that you are allowed in a day. like today I'M over 63 .. :(

Replies

• Daeishaboo
    Options
    I dont think so.
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you are doing for exercise. If you are not working out then keep it lower but if you are then extra protein is good for you. The general rule is you should eat your weight in protein.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    MFP sets your protein goals too low. Try to get as much as 1 gram of protein/lb. of lean body mass (that's your total weight - amount of body fat). Unless you are a small person with high body fat, that would easily be 80, 90, 100+ grams of protein daily. IOW, don't worry about it as long as you are staying under on your total calories.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    you're probably not eating enough protein.... MFP under-estimates most peoples protein intake.

as long as you hit your calorie goal, I would never worry about being 'over' in protein... I always make sure im not 'under'....
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I TRY to go over. The more protein, the better :smile:
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

^^^^what she said!!!!
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

^^^^what she said!!!!

Yeah, look at Lauren ^^. She's the protein queen. She eats up to 200g a day (correct me if I'm wrong), and look what it does for her muscles!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I aim to get 120g of protein per day.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

^^^^what she said!!!!

Agree....I have my goals set for 40 carb/30 protein/30 fat and wish I could go over on protein. As someone else mentioned, as long as you're not going over in calories, it's fine.
  • drsdghtr
    drsdghtr Posts: 27
    Options
    Your bigger concern would be if you were coming in under the protein goal levels. Protein is a good thing so don't worry about that category. You want your fibers and proteins. Categories to be more concerned about exceeding would be carbs and sugars.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

^^^^what she said!!!!

Yeah, look at Lauren ^^. She's the protein queen. She eats up to 200g a day (correct me if I'm wrong), and look what it does for her muscles!

You are correct! I aim for a minimum of 180g on rest days so I'm hitting close to 200g on workout days. I love protein :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Unless you have been told by a physician to limit your protein there is probably no good reason why you cannot go way over the estimate. My doctor recommends my level at twice what MFP recommends.

Actually, come to think of it, I think MFP protein set to low is one of the few things that posters on these forms can agree on.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Unless you have been told by a physician to limit your protein there is probably no good reason why you cannot go way over the estimate. My doctor recommends my level at twice what MFP recommends.

Actually, come to think of it, I think MFP protein set to low is one of the few things that posters on these forms can agree on.

LOL

One of the VERY VERY few :P